Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Chelsea F.A Cup Semi Final

Options
  • 12-04-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Ok am kicking off this match thread early. We can forget about the poor run in the league for a weekend and look forward to a big game at Wembley and hopefully a victory that will set us up for our first FA cup since 1991.

Harry has some decisions to make on Sunday. Does he stick with Carlo in goal for the FA cup, does he go with the two wide men and put Modric and Scott in the centre? Surley he must play VdV off Ade. Personally I would go with:

Brad
    Walker
    Gallas
    Kaboul (if fit)
    BAE
    Lennon
    Modric
    Parker
    Bale
    VdV
    Ade

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

I would go with that team selection aswell. Hopefully Kaboul will be fit to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

This is our best possible team and formation really.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Impossible game to predict,we've been sh1te lately but chelsea having bigger fish to fry in the likes of barcelona and arsenal next week i think the semi-final is the game of least importance to them.
    i'm hoping wembleys big pitch will suit the likes of lennon and bale to get past the full backs and deliver decent crosses to adebayor or vdv.its gonna be tight but im hopeful of the win.
    i'll go for 1-0 vdv to claim the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That has to be the team if all are fit and hopefully they all will,we could all do with some cheering up and winning a place in the FA cup final would just be the tonic we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Be interesting to see how the pitch holds up tomorrow between the two merseyside clubs. Anything could happen in this game, too tough a call to predict.

I just want to see some form of improvement from us. Chelsea have been well below par for most of the season, just depends what Spurs side decides to turn up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Don't care how we win, once we win.
    COYS

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Ok am kicking off this match thread early. We can forget about the poor run in the league for a weekend and look forward to a big game at Wembley and hopefully a victory that will set us up for our first FA cup since 1991.

Harry has some decisions to make on Sunday. Does he stick with Carlo in goal for the FA cup, does he go with the two wide men and put Modric and Scott in the centre? Surley he must play VdV off Ade. Personally I would go with:

Brad
    Walker
    Gallas
    Kaboul (if fit)
    BAE
    Lennon
    Modric
    Parker
    Bale
    VdV
    Ade

Thoughts?

The danger as always will be getting done in the middle with 2 v 3. maybe vdv will play deeper rather than in the hole ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Chelsea always play through the middle so it is possible that we will be split wide open but we should be able to bomb down the wings

i reckon he will play sandro and parker in the middle. bale on left ,lennon on right and luca behind ade.

mickman wrote: »
    Chelsea always play through the middle so it is possible that we will be split wide open but we should be able to bomb down the wings

i reckon he will play sandro and parker in the middle. bale on left ,lennon on right and luca behind ade.

Big call dropping VDV, you could be right Michael.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

After how poor Sandro played in his last game, i'd stick with the regular 4-4-2 listed above. Parker does enough work to control the midfield, and Modric is at his best when they play together. VDV always seems to do well in big games as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Kaboul out. Bugger

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Balls! King now needs a far better performance then he had against Norwich.

Assuming he's fit that is..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well, realistically it could be Kings last chance to win a medal in his career, so if he's fit he has to play like it means the world to him. I'm not convinced that Nelson is an adequate replacement for either Kaboul or Dawson, but we may get a chance to find out. At least we have Gallas.

I don't really know what way to call the outfield team. They will try to play through the middle, which should leave space on the wings for us, but space in the middle for them, so it's a very tough call. I could see Harry starting with Parker and Sandro, with Modric in front as already intimated.

I wonder how much of an impact the game against Barcelona will have on Chelsea's performance/line-up? Even in the Soccer forum they're talking more about that game than the FA Cup, which is fair enough as it's a much bigger game, but will the players feel the same way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

what stations showing this match lads??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

keane=cock wrote: »
    what stations showing this match lads??

ITV1

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cooranig23

i think Eamon Dunphy is right.. take John Terry out of the team and there is no Chelsea

Drogba is the only threat

cooranig23 wrote: »
    i think Eamon Dunphy is right.. take John Terry out of the team and there is no Chelsea

Drogba is the only threat
    We should take out Terry early so,an elbow into those cracked ribs early in the game should do it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Not a hope bentley will play, 2-1 spurs woodgate with the winner in extra time. COYS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kcon

Hatch99 wrote: »
    mickman wrote: »

Big call dropping VDV, you could be right Michael.
    I'd say Michael right hatch usually gets it wrong

• Advertisement

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Not a hope bentley will play, 2-1 spurs woodgate with the winner in extra time. COYS.

:D

Heard the bro missed you by ten mins, the clown :rolleyes:

kcon wrote: »
    I'd say Michael right hatch usually gets it wrong

:D you must be on the whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Mullo76 wrote: »

:D

Heard the bro missed you by ten mins, the clown :rolleyes:
    Ah yeah going to his boozer tomorrow to watch game so will catch him then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

What beautiful day for it!

I'm off to run the Great Ireland Run in aid of Pieta House and then a few cold ones whilst watching the mighty Spurs march in.... COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Hoping for a special day today... Form needs to go out the window and bale and Lennon HAVE to hug the wings.

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

BIG BIG day! COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Christ himself only know what Spurs team turns up today. Nopefully the Norwich game was the kick in the pants the team needed. I agree Bale and Lennon stay wide.......

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

So nervous about this. Maybe Parker and Sandro to start? Might need the protection seeing as Kaboul is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

RoboClam wrote: »
    So nervous about this. Maybe Parker and Sandro to start? Might need the protection seeing as Kaboul is out.

I was just thinking that myself, whats the chances of both Parker and Sandro starting.......

Advertisement