Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Chelsea F.A Cup Semi Final

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

All the talk about Levy wanted €Xmillion from the FA for HR.
    He should drive him to the front door and beg them to take him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

and thats the end of redknapp,england can have him,tacticaly inept and his reputation as a great man manager in tatters.months of speculation has cost us dear this season and more than likely set us back at least 3 years,time to rebuild again,we have the players...we just need a stronger manager

if we fail to get champions league football i honestly doubt we will hold onto our best players ie bale and modric. rumours that barca have bale top of their wish list. the way we have played since the end of jan you couldnt hold it against him if he went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

frag420 wrote: »
    id take benitez at this stage)

:eek:....just no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

sick

frag420 wrote: »
    Time for Levy to stand up, cash in on Modric before his value drops anymore, give Arry to England( id take benitez at this stage) fill central defence, buy a striker or two and get back on track.

This game was pure nostalgia as forgot what it was like to be a Spurs fan from a few seasons ago. A disappointing trip down memory lane!!

Holy God, come-in come-in, sit down, put your feet up. You must be feeling light headed. Take a drink of water , you sound delerious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

All the talk about Levy wanted €Xmillion from the FA for HR.
    He should drive him to the front door and beg them to take him at this stage.

the minute rednapp showed any interest at taking that poisoned chalice of a job he should have been shown the door,we were in a position in janurary to attract any manager we wanted.....we'll end up with someone like steve mclaren next season

the minute rednapp showed any interest at taking that poisoned chalice of a job he should have been shown the door,we were in a position in janurary to attract any manager we wanted.....we'll end up with someone like steve mclaren next season

Just a seconds. I think I do have Rafa Benitez's agent phone number after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

keane=cock wrote: »
    if we fail to get champions league football i honestly doubt we will hold onto our best players ie bale and modric. rumours that barca have bale top of their wish list. the way we have played since the end of jan you couldnt hold it against him if he went.

me neither,even if he go's its win win,the same with modric,we get 60/70 mill in the bank for the new gaffer to bring in who he wants or they stay and we build the team around them.
    either way i just want the season to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Gallas was shocking today, Bale apart from an open goal was poor, Modric didn't bother showing up again.... At 2-1 Redknapp does the traditional Vdv for Defoe swap and totally exposes our midfield.... Awful change and shows that he doesn't know how to change a game...

Even today in the ITV prematch video of Redknapp and Venables, Harry jokingly answers the "England or Tottenham?" question with "eh... pass". This is the same crap we've had to endure week in week out since February 8th, two months for Levy to act whilst our season enters freefall...

PS get Caulker back quick!

i'd take 40-45million for the pair right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

me neither,even if he go's its win win,the same with modric,we get 60/70 mill in the bank for the new gaffer to bring in who he wants or they stay and we build the team around them.
    either way i just want the season to end.

sooner the better

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Well that was hard to stomach. We were beaten off the park.
    The old saying comes to mind, "You can't make a purse out of a pig's ear!"
    Firstly I don't blame Harry. He has spent the money that Levy has released to the best of his ability. Cheap replacements don't work in the 2nd part of a season. Just take a look at the players we have currently.

Parker - Great player but you are never goin to get a full season out of him. £4m was a good price for a squad player. The Arse game showed that he is not the player of old.
    Ledley - I'm afraid our hero has seen better days and should be released.
    Gallas - He was let go by Chelsea, then the Arse and we end up with him!
    We need Caulker back, Dawson and Kaboul fit and another centre half.
    Modric - I'm afraid his heart is not in it. Great player but good luck.
    Saha - A freebie from Everton.
    Piennar - Bring him back and give him a proper run in the team when Modric is gone.
    Adebayor - is good player but wouldn't be held to ransom for him.
    VDV - Hard act to follow. Great finisher and passer but I think disjoints the team sometimes. Fair price for him but not a world class player any more.
    Sandro - This guy is the real deal and I can't understand why he has not been played more. He would have shored up our frailties against Chelsea. We could have won by a goal and kept it tight.
    Livermore - He will be good squad player for us next year.

To sum up, i don't know if we can make the CL for next year, I hope so, but I understand why we got beat yesterday. Daniel, please get us a good manager if Harry goes and splash the cash. No CL and I would worry about the future of Bale. Wouldn't hold it against him if Barca come knocking!
    Newcastle and Chelsea are now a serious threat. We need to get our belief, team spirit and organisation back.

P.s Modric and Parker in the wall for Lampard's free kick?!

^^^ agree with most of your comments execpt about Parker. He cant be expected to put in a 9 out of 10 performance every week.

If you put Messi in a team of 8-9 other under performing palyers, even he would be affected.

I totally agree with your Sandro comments. The guy was unbelievable in the 2nd half of the season last year. He's been getting little cameo's here and there this season - impossible for him to reproduce his form like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

While we are at it, any one got Chrstian Gross's number?
    "Here is my ticket..... I came here on the tube!"

Rodger's for me all the way and I wouldn't mind if he brought Sinclair, Siggurdson and Dyer with him either!

Also we have missed the Hudd this year. Two or three Hudd Thudds could have helped this campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Gutted, not sure what else to say, still speechless I think.

Advertisement