Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Newstalk Breakfast too Fast Paced ?

Options
  • 12-04-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭

Is Newstalk Breakfast too Fast Paced ?

Yes, I think it is by far, jingles, bells and sirens and newsreaders reading the news at a frantic pace, you would get the impression that they rushed into the newsroom ten minutes late and were trying to catch up for lost time, I know that this is not the case but is the impression.

Slow it down as in many ways you are only winding up people organising their children before school, drivers on their way to work in rush hour or facing into rush hour.

The days of the Celtic tiger are gone, can we have more giraffe boadcasting......take a long but yet quite observant view of all that is going on around without clacking like jackals, as this it sometimes sounds like. Maybe with Shane Coleman we can now expect some improvement.

Of course their are choices like Morning Ireland, BBC Radio 4, and Lyric FM. Yet the quality of Newstalk is good and I hope it gets better.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Xenophile wrote: »
    The days of the Celtic tiger are gone

I really wish people would stop using this term for everything.

The growth of the economy didn't really effect the pace of breakfast news

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eam711

I am in Ireland for 6 months and I am amazed at the speed of speech travelling trough
    your program in the morning ;it shows me how close the tongue can be placed to
    the brain..even there your program's shallowness oulines another dimension..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭GSF

Fast paced? Its got more filler than Joan Rivers make up box. Basically they are padding it out with the presenters talking amongst themselves for minutes on end to cover for the lack of content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its thin and repetitive rather than fast.

Advertisement