Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selfbuild mortgage

• 12-04-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

31 years old
    one child,single
    32000 gross working on family farm own site
    saving 300 a week 16000 in credit union , no loans
    i have 17,000 approximately spent on works completed. council payed up 4,700:mad: eng report for that and receipts.looking for 130,000 so heading into bank of ireland next week:ojust would like to know what people think of my chances:confused: i was going for it last year but for personal reasons had to pull back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

sean o t wrote: »
    31 years old
    one child,single
    32000 gross working on family farm own site
    saving 300 a week 16000 in credit union , no loans
    i have 17,000 approximately spent on works completed. council payed up 4,700:mad: eng report for that and receipts.looking for 130,000 so heading into bank of ireland next week:ojust would like to know what people think of my chances:confused: i was going for it last year but for personal reasons had to pull back.

I think it may be a little outside of their policy based on the fact that you have a child.. Probably looking at closer to the €100k mark...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sean o t

thanks for the reply killers,ya i would need the 130,000 to finish maybe i will be waiting so :( i'll call in and see what they say anyway fingers crossed.

thanks for the reply killers,ya i would need the 130,000 to finish maybe i will be waiting so :( i'll call in and see what they say anyway fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed and best of luck! Let me know how you get on...

thanks will do killers.

hi killers sorry for the late reply,got approved in prinsable for 130,400 :Dstill not across the line tho,the valuation and my 3years p60s were sent off today,they said it could take up to 5 working days for any news.i have been 3years trying so hope this is my time.living in a mobilehome 4 years on site be nice to see it go up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mmc2010

congrats sean_o_t, that's great news. Just to prepare you, it took us longer than 5 days to get approved in full so don't be worrying if you don't hear back!

hi killers sorry for the late reply,got approved in prinsable for 130,400 :Dstill not across the line tho,the valuation and my 3years p60s were sent off today,they said it could take up to 5 working days for any news.i have been 3years trying so hope this is my time.living in a mobilehome 4 years on site be nice to see it go up.

That's grea news Sean, well done! The approval is based on the income levels you gave them so as long as the P60's back up what you've said you'll be fine. The valuation won't be an issue either as you've done works already so should be below their 90% ltv max...

thanks people,waiting game now:rolleyes:

i got it lads woo woo happy days:D:D:D:D:D:Dheading to my solicitor monday.4 years of ups and downs and i did it:Dso anyone trying dont stop u will get there never give up:)

i got it lads woo woo happy days:D:D:D:D:D:Dheading to my solicitor monday.4 years of ups and downs and i did it:Dso anyone trying dont stop u will get there never give up:)

Great news Sean! I'm delighted for you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Happybunny84

Hi, not sure if this thread is still active but wondering how much I could borrow for a self build. My gross income is 26k and hubby is 33k we have savings of 18k. We have one dependant, no loans and saving 1k per month. My dad was in construction for years so will be over seeing it for is using direct labour. looking at a site for 60k just wondering what would be the max we could borrow for the build. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement