Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Irish students opinions wanted

Options
  • 12-04-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Any opinions would really be appreciated. Ok my question is Irish students in regards to media how do you go about finding out what is going on in the world today from newspapers to the internet. Thanks a million guys :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

A good bit of the news I get comes from word of mouth. Friends or people in work talking about what's going on and I might look it up on the internet afterwards (I don't have a tv - poor students house), people also put links on facebook to interesting stories which I can follow.

I do have a TV in work that I sometimes watch during breaks that's constantly on news channels so I get little bits and pieces from that but that's rare.

I also had a lecturer in college who, after a lecture every thursday would say "Right what's going on in the world?" and look up all technology and media related news the bbc news website and have that on the big projector.

And of course, most of the news I get comes from boards.ie, mainly just on after hours whenever people talk about interesting things that are happening - I live in the UK so most of my Irish news comes from boards.

I don't go seeking out news specifically from news sites but if something catches my eye I'll generally follow the links.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Big ones are mainly facebook and twitter. The way social networking sites work facilitates the fast flow of information and of course news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Personally I try to avoid mainstream news as apart from being overly dramatic a lot of the time the less important news takes priority due to ratings etc (see xfactor results ... ).

If something major occurred I'd be confident I'd hear about it from social media/word of mouth. With news I do follow such as mobile and tech news I get al my info from a few assorted media websites (wired, the register etc.). I don't read newspapers, watch the news on tv or pay attention to news on the radio for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement