Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

from 60 min 10k to half marathon in 5 months

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭newbie runner

Question: to be or not to be.

Answer : Not to be

Kids were sick and I was sick.didn't make it to the starting blocks yesterday:mad:.

I see its 10 days since I posted.

life has taken over from the running of late,and I'm finding it hard to mix both at the moment.
    Its just the way its going to be I think, so rather than put myself under pressure, I'll have to focus on life(and incorporate a few runs into it to stay healthy(physically and mentally)

I'll keep following these threads, but alas, no point in my posting as it will be so infrequent I'll find it hard to follow myself not to mind anyone else.

I'm sure I'm not the first to bow out like this!!

Pity......I was having so much fun...
    Kids eh???,,,,who'd have em?? and where would I be without them....

I'd be lost I'd say.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

I know how you feel, 4 at home myself, and working 12hr days and nights..but i have still managed to fit in time (even an hour a day to myself to train) whether it be 6.30 in morn for swim or lunchtime in work for run or cycling to and from work.. dont give up hope yet- do 1 or 2 runs over the next week in the fab weather and I bet you'll get back on that horse-nothing feels as good as when you feel good about yourself!! :o

thanks trig,you're right............i'll plug on , but won't be annoyed if i don't get out, i'll take it as a bonus if i do.

yesterday 6 miles, slow 58 minutes.

legs were tired after a serious lack of exercise over last two weeks.
    only had a coffee before i left and could have done with some food before I left.
    kept a steady slow pace (if that makes sense).First time that it was the lungs which gave me difficulty a bit,which ensured I didn't go any faster......... maybe due to it being so warm.

anyway , glad to get out , and when this hangover clears , I might get out today also!

must get back in shape, went hell for leather at it for around 6 months towards the end of 2011 to may this year, and then fell off the wagon.

ready and focused now to get back out there, and sweat off the excess.

hopefully will try to do few more quality runs this time around, instead of aimlessly going out and jogging 4 to 5 miles over and over again , at the same 8min 45 sec to 9 min pace.
    must mix it up more, through in a few hills etc.

look forward to it, starting tonight/this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Best of luck! Nothing wrong with easy 5 milers either, they're your bread and butter! :D

Advertisement