Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irelands cruel greyhound Industry

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'd love to have a horse as a pet, if I have enough money and a stable, etc.

I'd nurse the horse back to health and let his leg mend like you would a human beings.

A horse's leg is nothing like a human being's, it will not mend, it is humane termination in those cases, ask a vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I think that anyone who gets enjoyment out of watching animals outrun each other is a bit touched in the head. If they are so into 'sport' why not run themselves the fat gits? Also, greyhound racing does seem to attract a fair amount of scumbags with no respect for animals. It's like horse racing for poor people.

Also, to whoever is saying that an animal life is not the same as a human, you're missing the point. It's about a respect for life - anyone who kills an animal for pleasure or because they are an inconvenience is a pretty sub-normal human being. As my old buddy Gandhi once said you can judge a nation on how it treats it's animals.

Everytime I reach the end of a long trip in the car, we call into the local Parish Priest's house so he can bless the front bumper and we pray for the souls of the dearly departed bugs. The windscreen gets a splash of the oul holy water too. It's a beautiful scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

It's not legitimate until they start using tiny jocky monkeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Solair wrote: »
    You'd really have to wonder why we have a state-subsidized greyhound racing industry.

It's a very odd state of affairs, to put it mildly.
    Its no different from bullfighting, If the authorities hadn't stepped in with recent legislation regarding dog identification we would probably see a lot more of these cases.

God knows how many dogs have been butchered in this manner down through the years and we are not [URL="[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/jan/01/spain.animalwelfare[/url]"]alone[/URL]

Advertisement