Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graveyard listing for Trim Co Meath

• 12-04-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I am looking to find listing of interments for Trim Co Meath from 1840 onwards. I have checked interment.net and igp websites and they barely list anything for Trim. Is there any where these records are available online. Really need to find them.

Thanks for the help. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

I was going to suggest the journal Riocht na Midhe- I got the listings for Kilsharvan graveyard in Meath in an old issue. I had a look at the index though:
    http://tbreen.home.xs4all.nl/Journals/Meath.html
    & didn't see a listing for Trim graveyard (though I presume it's called St. Mary's or something?). There are some other articles you might find useful e.g. Gwynn, Aubrey: A Breviary of St. Mary's Abbey, Trim. 290-298, Ríocht na Mídhe III, 4, (1966).

Beyond that you could try the Meath Archaelogical & Historical Society- they're on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Thanks for that I will have a look at the link you put up.

I'm not on facebook so that is out. But if all else fails I will try and get to Trim and have a look through the graveyards!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭VicWynne

The currently used graveyard in Trim is called St Lomans. There's an older one in Newtown, beside the old cathedral. I'm not sure of it's official name though.
    As to whether theres any listen available - I've no idea. Sorry.
    Are you looking for a specific name/grave?

VicWynne wrote: »
    The currently used graveyard in Trim is called St Lomans. There's an older one in Newtown, beside the old cathedral. I'm not sure of it's official name though.
    As to whether theres any listen available - I've no idea. Sorry.
    Are you looking for a specific name/grave?

Yeh I am looking for the name Proctor. I don't think there are listings unfortunately. But I will keep searching all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

Have you asked Navan Library? They have graveyard records listed here -
    http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/Libraries/Genealogy/
    I don't know but these could be burial registers.

• Advertisement

No I haven't asked them, I am guessing I will probably have to go into the library and have a look myself. Thanks :)

Advertisement