Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new naas market

Options
  • 12-04-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

hey guys, i see that theres a new indoor market opening in naas town. beside marks and spencers, its a huge premises and modelled on camden market apparently. hopefully it does well, theres over 40 units and food court, what do you think would do well or what do ye think is needed in naas? i think arts and crafts would be great to browse through but not sure how much business that would get. its great to finally see naas getting back on its feet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

When is this starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bettyboop1

its supposed to be opening tomorrow from what i heard, although all the stalls are not filled yet. i heard that its 2000 to get a stall for 2 months but you can pull out at any time and get half that back, dunno how true that is but it would be great for somebody looking to test the water and start up their own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Where exactly is this market? Can't picture anywhere right by M&S that would hold that many stalls.

its where Jondol furniture used to be,and was an ice skating rink for a few weeks during Christmas.if you are looking at marks from across the road it is on the right.huge big corner unit,I didn't realise how big it was but when I was in the court yard at ryans foodhall theres a door into the market there too.it will be interesting to see what ends up in there.does anybody know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 stacey25

where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Work was ongoing there this morning. I wish them luck.

It's in the Naas Town Centre. Quite a big space, as previously noted. There will be an entrance on the Dublin Road/Wolfe Tone St corner (across from The Stationary Store/down from the street entrance of M&S), or within the centre on that side of M&S/across from the centre entrance to Ryan's Food.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Seamus145

Will not do any harm in Naas at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rob86

Hey im involved in running the market if anyone is interested or wants any info please get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Did it start yesterday? How did it go? Is it indoors or outdoors?

What stalls are going in there Rob86?

• Advertisement

Hi we wanted to be open yesterday but traders area still setting up, so we want to make a proper razamataz for the opening, so all going well next saturday is go day, theres going to be all sorts from costume jewellery, ladies & mens fashions , shoes , art, kids stuffs, health & beauty, cratfs, fresh produce, food court, and evrything else inbetween, its going to be called " The Dandelion Market Place" Its indoor, going to be open 7 days a week, and has a camden town feel to the whole place, I'm also going to be running what is called "Dandelion Evenings " which is evrything from art exibitons, comedy nights, music nights, poetry readings, book launches, jazz nights and whatever else. The market will be open 8am - 9/10pm traders required 10 am - 7pm 6 days BUT obviously can trade 7 and earlier and later if they want.:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Is there going to be a website ?

www.bananaman.me and its on facebook too " The Dandelion Market Place"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Sounds great, will definitely call in next week!

Will have to take a look. Is it open everyday?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Ohhhh this sounds interesting! best of luck

:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:
    Ohhhh this sounds interesting! best of luck

How interesting.

Yeah the plan is to be open 7 days a week,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

rob86 wrote: »
    Hi we wanted to be open yesterday but traders area still setting up, so we want to make a proper razamataz for the opening, so all going well next saturday is go day, theres going to be all sorts from costume jewellery, ladies & mens fashions , shoes , art, kids stuffs, health & beauty, cratfs, fresh produce, food court, and evrything else inbetween, its going to be called " The Dandelion Market Place" Its indoor, going to be open 7 days a week, and has a camden town feel to the whole place, I'm also going to be running what is called "Dandelion Evenings " which is evrything from art exibitons, comedy nights, music nights, poetry readings, book launches, jazz nights and whatever else. The market will be open 8am - 9/10pm traders required 10 am - 7pm 6 days BUT obviously can trade 7 and earlier and later if they want.:D:D:D:D

Anyone selling records Rob?

Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement

Hey, Nobody selling records yet but would be someone we would be interested in having in,

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Seamus145 wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

There's a similar type of place operating in Gorey and does well. Great for small operators or people wanting to try their hand at retail.

Hopefully they don't allow discount tat to be sold there, therwise it will close down very quickly.

It wold be lovely to see some handcrafts, organic foods, unusual accessories etc etc

If it gets the right mix, it could be a great place.

you hit the nail on the head sandin have no fears and hopefully all your wishes will be granted, the centre is very much about quality products with the right mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Has anyone else gone along to this market and what is on offer? Had a look at the website but it doesn't really tell you what's for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

We dropped in today and there were only 3/4 units open. One had shoes, one had clothes and one had household stuff, think there was another one but baby brain's making me forget what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

We dropped in today and there were only 3/4 units open. One had shoes, one had clothes and one had household stuff, think there was another one but baby brain's making me forget what it was.

So it's a girly shopping mall thingy then..:p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Anyone been into here in the past 2 weeks? I haven't been yet, might venture down at the weekend.

beertons wrote: »
    Anyone been into here in the past 2 weeks? I haven't been yet, might venture down at the weekend.

I went in last Thursday, there was 5 units open: kids toys (I think), an accessories shop, shoe shop, furniture stall and one with knitting stuff

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Did you like it?

Advertisement