Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€70 Headphones + Mic Help!

• 12-04-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

My Turtle Beach headset broke AGAIN and it is the last straw. I would like to buy a decent pair of headphones and a separate mic for €70.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Is it for pc or console?
    Do you want to use the headphones for gaming alone or do you want to use them on the move for music?
    Do you intend on using them for long periods of time?
    Do they need to isolate you from background noise?
    Headsets generally have 2 volume controls (chat and game volume) and you could be losing that feature with separate mic and headphones.

If you're trying to soundwhore on mw2 or try gain a competitive edge, open design headphones will give you a bigger range than closed headphones. Also bass light headphones will lessen the impact of big explosions but will take away the edge from the in game sound.

If you want something with bass and that can be used for music; the closed creative aurvana live occasionally drops to £40 on amazon. If you want to go with a bass light approach, the semi open superlux 668b is €45 delivered from thomann.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

yimrsg wrote: »
    Is it for pc or console?
    Do you want to use the headphones for gaming alone or do you want to use them on the move for music?
    Do you intend on using them for long periods of time?
    Do they need to isolate you from background noise?
    Headsets generally have 2 volume controls (chat and game volume) and you could be losing that feature with separate mic and headphones.

If you're trying to soundwhore on mw2 or try gain a competitive edge, open design headphones will give you a bigger range than closed headphones. Also bass light headphones will lessen the impact of big explosions but will take away the edge from the in game sound.

If you want something with bass and that can be used for music; the closed creative aurvana live occasionally drops to £40 on amazon. If you want to go with a bass light approach, the semi open superlux 668b is €45 delivered from thomann.de.

I use them only for PC. They are for gaming mostly, with some light Youtube viewing. I do often use them for a long period of time so comfort is quite important.

I would like to try and steer clear of headsets mainly due to the wires being very bad on the Turtle Beach headsets that i have used. Is there any headset which is very reliable when it comes to the wire maybe with a braided cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Panasonic RP-HTF600 and Antlion Audio Modmic

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Brian wrote: »
    Panasonic RP-HTF600 and Antlion Audio Modmic

I'll bite, how does this kind of setup work practically?

You hava a mic cable, and a headphone cable, do they link together in some way?

Erm, one plug goes in the pink 3.5mm jack and one goes in the green 3.5mm jack? The Modmic cable is very thin and you can intertwine it with the thicker headphone one if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Brian wrote: »
    Erm, one plug goes in the pink 3.5mm jack and one goes in the green 3.5mm jack?

Having not seen the device I did not know there was a pink 3.5mm jack, or a green 3.5mm jack :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Try Steelseries Siberia V2, light weight, so comfortable and sound great. These leave TB headsets way behind...

King Krib wrote: »
    These leave TB headsets way behind...

Not difficult.

Advertisement