Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Factory reset a Thompson TWG870

• 12-04-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to factory reset the above router? I have forgot the username and password and I need to change the wifi password.

I've attempted to stick a pin in the reset hole in the back and holding for 20 seconds, power off and power on while pressing the pin in. Still no joy. I've attempted all the combinations outlined after the "reset" http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72273209 in terms of password but no joy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Carentan Killer

Anyone know how to factory reset the above router? I have forgot the username and password and I need to change the wifi password.

I've attempted to stick a pin in the reset hole in the back and holding for 20 seconds, power off and power on while pressing the pin in. Still no joy. I've attempted all the combinations outlined after the "reset" http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72273209 in terms of password but no joy

Hey LeinsterDub,

Try this login

Username
    (none - leave blank)
    Password
    aDm1n$TR8r

This should get you into the router as its the default password for the upc/admin and gives a little more info in the router that the default upc customer client admin password doesn't show you.

It may allow access so you can change your wifi password :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Hey LeinsterDub,

Try this login

Username
    (none - leave blank)
    Password
    aDm1n$TR8r

This should get you into the router as its the default password for the upc/admin and gives a little more info in the router that the default upc customer client admin password doesn't show you.

It may allow access so you can change your wifi password :)

Thank you so much ! Worked a liked a charm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Carentan Killer

Thank you so much ! Worked a liked a charm

Your very welcome LeinsterDub ;)

Advertisement