Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best eyepencil

• 12-04-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I wear make up every day but i find after a few hours eye pencil starts to run and i end up looking like a panda. Usually i use max factor. Can anyone recommend a good eye pencil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from tLL. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Urban Decay 24/7 is the only eyeliner that wont budge on me. They have a new "blacker than black" one called Perversion that is simply the blackest eyeliner I have ever used. I tried Mac and Lancome but 5 mins down the road it was half way down my face! UD can be got in Debenhams and House of Fraser Dundrum.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I use one from smash box, it's in a small jar and u can use a brush to put it on , it's waterproof and lasts long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Mac come in loads of colours and types, some more smudgeable and some sharper. Gel eyeliner is longer wear and I don't find it smudges as much as pencil. I like Bobbi Brown ones as you can get different colours too. I've seen good reviews of the new Rimmel gel eyeliner but I think it only comes in black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I use a maybelline gel liner in black. Find it good. Also have a rimmel pencil and a smashbox one - neither of them smudge but I don't use them on the inner rim or anything. I believe if you put a bit of the same colour eyeshadow over pencil it stops it from smudging cos it kinda sets it. Can't swear to that cos I don't have much of a problem with smudgyness anyway. I also recently read that if you use eyeliner/mascara on bottom lashes, set it with a powder (like a face powder) and it stops it smudging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

+1 for the UD 24/7 pencil liner. Goes on well, doesn't pull your eyelid. Colours are vibrant too. And it doesn't budge unless you rub it :) They last quite a while too.

MAC pencil liners (especially the black one) are quite "powdery", you do end up with panda eyes quite quickly. The black is darker than UD's Zero, but having to check my make-up frequently means that I wear the MAC pencils less than UD pencils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I have these three and find them excellent.

Lancôme Crayon Khôl - I have the colour '01 Noir' which is a soft black colour.

http://www.lancome.co.uk/_en/_gb/makeup/eyes/eyeliner/crayon-khol-034019.aspx

Bourjois Khôl & Contour - gives a nice sharp colour. I have it in brown not black so can't say what the black one is like.

http://www.bourjois.co.uk/catalog/make_up/eyes/eyepencils_eyeliners/new_khol_contour

Bourjois Smokey Effect Pencil - Again I have it in brown and really like it, it gives a nice soft look.

http://www.bourjois.co.uk/catalog/make_up/eyes/eyepencils_eyeliners/effet_smoky_pencil

The Bourjois Pencils are less than €10, I can't remember the exact price though.

I don't know how much the Lancôme pencil is as I got mine in a gift set.

I also have two of the Bobbi Brown gel liners, they are fab. They don't budge at all and last ages. They have a good pigmentation. They are around €25 I think in Brown Thomas and Arnotts.

http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/product/2328/7785/Makeup/Eyes/Eyeliners/Long-Wear-Gel-Eyeliner/Award-Winner/index.tmpl

The L'Oréal Superliner meant to be fab, I haven't tried it myself though. It's around €10 in Boots I think.

http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Paris-Super-liner_1534/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I would make sure that you are powdering your face under your eyes too. If your under eye area is a bit moist from the liquid foundation, it will be easier for the eyeliner to transfer.

Also make sure to wait a few minutes after applying your moisturiser so that can set, otherwise again it will make the skin more greasy and more likely for the liner to slip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 poutie

+ 1 on the UD 24/7 Pencils, I got the 15th Anniversary pencil set last year, a selection of colours, they don't move. You can use them as eyeshadows too, blend them with a shadow brush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

On a slightly related topic, where would one get a decent eyepencil parer? I have 2 of the UD 24/7 pencils but the black one is worn to a nub. Do UD do parers or would I need to look elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

jokettle wrote: »
    On a slightly related topic, where would one get a decent eyepencil parer? I have 2 of the UD 24/7 pencils but the black one is worn to a nub. Do UD do parers or would I need to look elsewhere?
    I have a metal one I got in Dunnes before. Have had it for years.

It's like this, there's no brand on my one though - http://tarotconnection.net/shop/images/sharpener.jpg

Also have a plastic ELF one which is grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Waterproof liners are the way to go if you want it to last all day.

I like UD 24/7 ones because they are creamy so can be smudged if you want a smokey look, they don't drag the skin and they have a fantastic array of colours.

I also have a lovely black Dior one that has a little sponge on the end of it for smudging if needed.
    jokettle wrote: »

I use a double metal one so I can pare normal and jumbo sized eyeliners in one. I think the metal are better because plastic ones just because they are more durable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

UD do parers yes. €6 for them, they have a regular size opening and the wider opening in them in each one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I absolutely love my Elisabeth Arden eye pencil it's the best out of all the brands I have without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I got a MAC parer a while ago for 3/4 euro. Still holding up about 3 years later (and multiple drops) and comes with a nifty stick to clear out the liner that sticks, but it's only one size, so I'll have to get a dual/jumbo one soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Smashbox Limitless Liner. It's a little pricey for eyeliner, but totally worth it since it has a parer in the lid.

The liner is nice and soft so it's easy to apply, and it doesn't smudge easily at all since it's waterproof.

s1239763-main-Lhero.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I use the Bobbi brown gel eyeliner or mac fluidline and they are brilliant they don't budge.

Advertisement