Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Ectopic Pregnancy?

Options
  • 12-04-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am on the pill and don't normally get any periods. Since Sunday I have been having some cramping and spotting, this has continued on and off since then. Today this has become more like a throbbing in my back and a definite sharp, but bearable pain in my side. I have been feeling a little light headed and nauseous too. I don't even know if I am pregnant so obviously first port of call is to do a test tomorrow and then visit the GP if needed.

I feel so confused. I really would love another baby but this is a very bad time for us, I am studying and my partner has been told that he will be let go this summer, we are not secure financially at all. Our daughter is still young too,just a year and a half old. We were not planning to have any more children for 3-4 years and as I said above I am using the pill and condoms too. This may all seem a little premature as I might not even be pregnant but I can't help but worry. I know I won't get an answer until I test but I am afraid of the result. It could be a regular period but it has been so long since I had one that I don't know. The last time I felt this sort of pain was early labour with my last child.

I guess I just wanted to see if anyone had an experience with ectopic pregnancies and if this sounds like it? I foolishly googled and I don't know if I am just feeling paranoid now.Just to clarify I am not looking for medical advice, I will go to my gp tomorrow if this keeps up.

Thanks, worried.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No one is allowed to give medical advice on this forum. Please talk to your gp.

Advertisement