Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question re tights...

• 12-04-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

bit sad really but i always manage to get the wrong shade of tights :o

so have a wedding at the weekend and got the legs spray tanned but don't really want to go bare legged...
    i'm wearing a dark purple dress...what is the best colour to get?
    as i said, bit sad really but i do really need help !
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

I used to always wear tights until i discovered Sally Hansen tights in a can spray that is (best invention ever).. Before that I used to just go with natural ones from Penneys (not the sheer ones).. Some of the tan coloured ones can look a bit orangey.. I seen lately too that pennys do 3 pack of tights in lil seperate small packaging so u can take a spare in case of any ladders :)

Good luck with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Definitely +1 for the Sally Hansen. I've seen friends wearing it at weddings and it's brilliant for covering up the 'corned beef' look (when your legs are blotchy from standing in the cold at Irish weddings!). Most of them wear it even when they've a spray tan done already.

If you do go for tights, the best I've used are Falke Shelina ones. They're €10 in Brown Thomas. Which sounds a lot but they're the only nude tights I've used that make it look like you're not wearing tights, and don't ladder easily so you get a good few wears out of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 kneeler

I wouls think dark tan tights would go well with that colour dress. I saw a friend of mine at a function in something similar recently and it looked a million dollars.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

If you go for tights over tan, the Marks and Spencers Oiled tights are great. Very natural looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Tan tights would look best. Have fun at the wedding (:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I wish there was a pale alternative to Sally hansens, maybe MAC body foundation but its pretty expensive

Advertisement