Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you get a samsung galaxy s2 cable with a jack on the other end?

Options
  • 12-04-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

i have an emergency charger but it connects by a jack to the actual charger. i have a samaung galaxy s2 phone so i was wondering does anyone know where i can find one or do they even make them? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PrincessHolly

RangeR wrote: »

i need a cable with a jack at one end and samsung connector at the other. thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

There is no "samsung connector" for the galaxy2, it uses a microusb port like everything else. What do you mean by a "jack"?

You can get microusb->usb. You can also get microusb->power plug. You can also get a power plug with a usb port. What exactly are you after?

You can use any microusb charger, which most phones use (except fruit phones).

srsly78 wrote: »
    There is no "samsung connector" for the galaxy2, it uses a microusb port like everything else. What do you mean by a "jack"?

You can get microusb->usb. You can also get microusb->power plug. You can also get a power plug with a usb port. What exactly are you after?

You can use any microusb charger, which most phones use (except fruit phones).
    the connecter to the emergency charger is a jack. like a headphone jack its the same size. so if a microusb fits into the charge slot on my phone then i need a cable with a microusb on one end and a headphone jack on the other

A 9V dc jack? Not seen one of those for powering microusb.

Why bother with the emergency charger at all? Having multiple components is just annoying. Everyone uses the same charger nowadays, just blag one - they are ubiquitous. Costs a tenner in shops that don't try to rip you off. Going to a lot of hassle to find some special cable isn't worth it imo.

• Advertisement

srsly78 wrote: »
    A 9V dc jack? Not seen one of those for powering microusb.

Why bother with the emergency charger at all? Having multiple components is just annoying. Everyone uses the same charger nowadays, just blag one - they are ubiquitous. Costs a tenner in shops that don't try to rip you off. Going to a lot of hassle to find some special cable isn't worth it imo.
    the galaxy battery doesnt last long. i got a charger on the internet and it runs off a AA battery so you can use it when on the go. except when it came it was the old samsung charger so it doesnt suit my phone. i was just wondering was there such a cable

Ah right. So you need a 9v DC to usb convertor. Then you would need to carry 4 items to use it: aa battery, emergency charger, jack convertor, micro usb cable.

Probably easy to get a usb emergency charger like this one: http://www.amazon.com/USBCELL-AA-Rechargable-Battery-MXAA02/dp/B000LV8YKQ

You could also get a spare phone battery and carry that around.

Advertisement