Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 17 Results!

Options
  • 12-04-2012 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens were very confident to begin with and raced into a ten point lead

Alas, some mistakes and picks and Titans took control and took a three TD lead

Ravens fought back valiantly and made the score look respectable with two TDs

And the Ravens hoped for one final drive before the two minute warning but the Titans converted on third down, Finlay somehow beating my CB
    Titans kneel it out

The score flatters me, this game was not so close

I have no complaints, best time on the night won

I won't wish the Titans luck as I'm cheering for the Bengals

GO AFC NORTH :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Ravens
    Ravens win the toss and elect to receive first.

On the second play former Titans players Michael Bush takes it all the way to house 70 yard TD

0-7 Ravens

Titans make good progress to midfield then take a big loss to leave them on 3rd and 21, they pass but its incomplete and they punt.

Ravens make good progress to FG range where the Titans force a 3 and out.

0-10Ravens just inside the 2nd half!

Then on the kick off.. Best takes it all the way for 7 with a 102 yard kick off return!

7-10 Ravens

Ravens make a couple of good plays but then throw a int to Mistral Raymond who takes it back for a 44 yard TD

14-10 Titans

Ravens make good progress to midfield but the Titans D steps up and forces a punt.
    3:23 in the half

Best pummels his way up the field and take takes a catch for a TD
    21-10 Titans @ the half

Titans to receive

Titans make progress but then got stopped on 4th and inches..they go for it and get it.
    However they cant do anything else and have to punt

Ravens make progress but have a 3 and out and punt it away.

2:55 in the 3rd left

Titans take a big sack on their first play and then have to punt.

Ravens then throw a pick to Darcel McBath who makes about a 10 yard gain.

On the next play Best runs 32 yards for a TD

28-10 Titans

Ravens then throw another int on their 26 yard line.
    Ravens make a good stand a force a FG

31-10 Titans

Ravens are struggling with time starting to tick away and Mathis makes a good sack but the Ravens complete a long pass.

Ravens air it out and make good progress and Bush gets a rushing TD

31-17 Titans with 4 in the game left

Ravens go for an onside kick and dont recover however Titans throw a pick and it results after a series with a TD for the Ravens

31-24 with 2:40 left.

Titans get the ball, Best gets 8 yards from 2 runs and Ravens use their TOs, Ravens line up to stop the Run and Titans audible..I have a WR streaking free across the middle.. i press the wrong button.. it goes to Jermichael Finley who catches it.. get hit and is dropped to the ground but he's over the line of scrimmage.
    2 minute warning comes and the Titans kneel it out for the win.

Some Stats:

Titans with 172 yards of offense with 138 rushing
    Ravens with 366 yards with 134 rushing

3rd down conversion was 36% Vs 45%

McNabb was not used in this game!41 yards from 3 out of 9 attempts 1 TD and 1 int.
    Bradford with 242 yards from 17 out of 35 1 TD and 3 ints

Best gets 1 rushing TD with 135 yards from 26 carries and also a KO return
    M Bush gets 2 TDs and 122 yards from 14 carries

Ravens lead the receving stats not surprise there with Jason Witten getting 102 yards and Demaryius Thomas getting a TD

Good game mike, I thought when you went into the lead I was going to get a schooling but like we chatted about, I stuck to the game plan of running it.
    Best getting the KO return was pretty important IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Patriots 13 Broncos 66

Broncos finish the regular season on a high with Chandler Jones having a breakout day of over 400 yards and 7 TD's with no interceptions!!

It was only the CPU, but I am really happy with how I attacked them.

Megatron had 184 yards, 2 TD's
    Hoppes had 168 yards, 2 TD's
    and Moeaki had 35 yards and 3 TD's.

That better get Megatron back into the damn Pro Bowl - The absolute cheek of them leaving him out for a week last week!! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Falcons beat the Saints 23 - 13 to make up for last weeks disaster against the Panthers nearly had a repeat this week but thankfully was able to save it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

notyalc666 wrote: »
    Falcons beat the Saints 23 - 13 to make up for last weeks disaster against the Panthers nearly had a repeat this week but thankfully was able to save it.

Congrats on qualifying for the play offs. You'll be playing adro and his 49ers in the wild card round.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Actually just realised the stupid title of this thread! Dave can you change it to season 2 week 17 results? Will be a while before I'm at work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Actually just realised the stupid title of this thread! Dave can you change it to season 2 week 17 results? Will be a while before I'm at work

Yeah Dave do some work for a change!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Wont be home till 5ish today. Ill do it then

Wont be home till 5ish today. Ill do it then

In work now so made the change

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

In work now so made the change

BOOOOOO, don't bail him out Heli

All for one (mod) and one (mod) for all!
    Though i still dont think dave has update the trophy cabinet yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

SantryRed wrote: »
    Congrats on qualifying for the play offs. You'll be playing adro and his 49ers in the wild card round.

Cheers Santry, i certainly made a meal of it but looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Game against Steelers cut out, apparently disc unreadable midway through third quarter. Had just scored TD to go up 14-13. Head-wrecking!
    Don't have time to replay it as will be away for weekend, game doesn't mean anything so am happy to have it simmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dallas Cowboys 17-13 Washington Redskins

Dallas gave their main men the night off and were made to work very, very hard for victory against the Redskins.

Defence was on top right up 'till the start of the 4th quarter and it wasn't one for the neutrals up until that point.

Quarter 1:

Game starts off with Dallas winning the toss and choosing to kick. Washington move the ball nicely down the field moving the chains at will with a few nice strikes from Kolb to his main man Hines Ward, mixed with some nice runs from Chester Taylor. Eventually the Dallas D comes up with a stop, leaving Rob Bironas to tag on a 46 yard FG. 3-0 Redskins.

Quarter 2:

Quarter 1 ended with both teams struggling to get anything going and quarter 2 started off the same way. Eventually, after numerous punts from both teams, the Redskins get a nice drive similar to their first of the game and Bironas tags on another 46 yard FG. 6-0 Redskins.

Dallas try to get something going themselves and eventually manage it. Tolbert makes a couple of nice gain and Ferguson hits TE Nelson with a couple of nice strikes. As has been the case up until now though, the D stands firm and a 40 yard + FG is the outcome. 6-3 Redskins.

Quarter 3:

Nothing of note really happens here, apart from me nearly having a heart attack when I realise that Bradshaw has someone got onto the field for a couple of snaps, but thankfully he comes through unscathed :pac:

Both teams punt a few times, D stands firm, and that takes us to the 4th.

Quarter 4:

Completely against the run of play, this game finally sees a TD. QB Ferguson sees a blitz coming and audibles to a pass, he hits his main target Nelson, who picks the ball up on the Redskins 40, shakes off two tackles and stumbles into the end zone. 10-6 Dallas.

Not to be outdone, Washington decide to get into the end zone. A couple of lovely passes from Kolb set them up in great position. Not 100% sure what happened here (maybe Nerd will be able to confirm) but I think Kolb threw it up long to Ward, he ended up missing the catch, but the ball falls down and there's Harry Douglas to gratefully see the ball land in his arms for a TD. 13-10 Washington.

The unlikely spout of TD's aren't finished there however, as Ferguson moves Dallas nicely up the field and Tolbert bursts through up the gut from 7 yards for a TD. 17-13 Dallas.

With 1 minute on the clock the Redskins need to move the ball quickly up the field, but the Dallas D stands firm and the clock runs out as Ward is hit hard bringing the ball down on the Dallas 40.

Final score 17-13 Dallas.

Stats:

Ferguson impressed on his first start with 17 completions from 26 attempts, 1 TD and 1 INT for 260 yards.

Kolb also went over 200 yards, 204 to be precise, with 9 completions on 17 attempts and 0 INT's.

Shawn Nelson was the main receiving threat, 210 yards on 10 receptions with 1 TD.

Enjoyed the game overall, was nice to be able to play without the pressure of needing a win, and some of the backups certainly put forward a case for more snaps.

Thanks for the game Nerd, you have some very nice plays and will be a threat in the NFC East next season.

Meanwhile, the Dallas head coach will be hoping this picture that has emerged from the starters night out last night has no effect on player performance come the playoffs:

Peyton_Manning_drunk_athlete-400x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raiders go down to Packers 23-11.

Key plays:
    On second and goal from the 2 yard line for whatever reason the Raiders offensive coordinator decides to send in Felix Jones for the play. He is the worst player in the world and gets stuffed twice.

Then we had Rashean Mathis, superstar cornerback watching Ted Ginn grab a pass thrown 50 yards down the pitch and run the other 26 yards without laying a finger on him or the ball, despite being right beside him. And then we had MJD fumbling on a drive the Raiders had to get a TD from.

As always when the Raiders lose there's a scapegoat, this time it's EA. Kicking Santry from our second game when I was up by 8 with 3 minutes left. Whoever came up with excessive grieving should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

The Lions are out :mad::mad::mad:!!!

Bears through. 20-17 victory in OT.

Lions were up by 7 with 50 just over a minute left and the Bears had one unbelievable pass that got them a TD.

I am honestly too wrecked after the game to do a write up.

It was the greatest game of Madden ever. It had absolutely everything. My heart is in bits from the stress. Near fumble recoveries! Great plays and last ditch tackles. It was the proper way to go out. :(

I need a rest!!

Think thats my 4th loss in OT this year :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul wrote: »
    The Lions are out :mad::mad::mad:!!!

Bears through. 20-17 victory in OT.

Lions were up by 7 with 50 just over a minute left and the Bears had one unbelievable pass that got them a TD.

I am honestly too wrecked after the game to do a write up.

It was the greatest game of Madden ever. It had absolutely everything. My heart is in bits from the stress. Near fumble recoveries! Great plays and last ditch tackles. It was the proper way to go out. :(

I need a rest!!

Think thats my 4th loss in OT this year :eek:

Your team would want to grow a set!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Loins 17 bears 20

The bears take the last playoff place in the NFC with a overtime win over the loins in a windy Chicago

Frist quarter

Not a lot happened in the frist quarter of this game both teams moved the ball well put couldn't keep the ball moving resulting in a couple of three and outs

Second quarter

The loins open the second quarter with the games frist touch down a joe flacon pass to desean Jackson for 20 yards. The bears the drive down field with a couple of key third down completions from Eli manning to set up cornel walker for a 1 yard run to the end zone to send the sides in level at half time

Third quarter

The loins recivie the kick and drive down field for desean Jacksons second td of the game to leave the scores 14-7 loins

Forth quarter

The start of the fourth quarter see's the bears score a field goal tl make it 14-10 loins.the on the next drive the loins drive down field running time off the clock getting into the redone just at the two minute warning but the bears come up with a big stop to force the field goal.with 1 44 left in the game the bears offence steps on the field needing a td to save there season Eli manning yet again delivers under pressure completing some key third downs before finding zach miller for a td to send the game to over time

Over time

The bears win the toss and recivie the kick off.they start off well driving down the field but are stopped by the loins and left with a 55 yard field goal which they miss giving the loins a great chance. Unfortunately for the loins they and take advantage and have to punt some key throws from Eli manning moves the bears into field goal range.this time succop makes to mistake. Bears win.

Some stats

Eli manning 92.5 21 37 303 yards 1 td
    Walker 58 yards 1 td
    Williams 9 rec 108 yards
    Miller 4 rec 85 yards 1 td

Flacco 116.5 8 11 159 yards
    Johnson 121 yards
    Jackson 4rec 101 yards 2 td

Just what to say well played eamonn you didn't deserve to lose that one just a pity one of us had to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

matthew8 wrote: »
    Raiders go down to Packers 23-11.

That makes my personnel decisions against the Bills much easier. Time to rest a few key players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I'm gonna make the Lions my favorites for the super plate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    Your team would want to grow a set!!!

Its me. Need to close games out. I think next season is going to be my break out season as a head coach.

Paddy forgot to mention that he recovered two forced fumbles aswell. :(. One of them inside his own half in OT where I don't know how he recovered it. Then there was a booth review, I thought it might be given to me. But nope, it wasn't a fumble at all. :mad:

Also madden annoys me so much when my defensive players simply don't catch the ball.

Paddy did great at shutting down Chris Johnson. 31 rushes for 121 yards was a shut out in this game. So many times I thought that Chris Johnson was away.

Thats enough crying. It was definitely the best game I have ever been involved in. Good luck in the playoffs Paddy! Bring on the super cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Paddy forgot to mention that he recovered two forced fumbles aswell. :(. One of them inside his own half in OT where I don't know how he recovered it. Then there was a booth review, I thought it might be given to me. But nope, it wasn't a fumble at all. :mad:

i dont even rememeber the frist one the second one was just strange miller seemed to just recover it himself i not why it was even reviewed.i aslo forgot the int just before half time.that was big play allowing to go in level at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Managed to find a window to play Steelers game after all, easy 21-3 win with a pick 6 from ROLB Greenway and 2 TD's from Michael Turner, both a yard out after some good work on the ground and Cam Newton making some good throws for once.
    Maybe (hopefully) he's rounding into form for playoff time.
    9-7 and the AFC North Title, go Bengals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I can't believe I just lost to the chiefs 19-10. 5 interceptions by t.j. Yates and a fumble by blount. I had two massive runs going for 6 only to be called back for holding. It seems I can do nothing right lately. I used to be good but over the last few games I have played horribly with tons of interceptions. I don't understand why all of a sudden I'm playing so bad? Very frustrating to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

It's Titans v Colts in the playoffs again! We get another chapter in the biggest rivalry in board.ie Madden thanks to a Bills win today.

There was nothing on the line and both teams (especially the Bills) rested many of their starters. Ended up being a pretty good game despite having little impact on things. I'll leave it to Dave to do the write up....

cheers for the game

McG wrote: »
    It's Titans v Colts in the playoffs again! We get another chapter in the biggest rivalry in board.ie Madden thanks to a Bills win today.

There was nothing on the line and both teams (especially the Bills) rested many of their starters. Ended up being a pretty good game despite having little impact on things. I'll leave it to Dave to do the write up....

cheers for the game
    Hammered by cards 47-3. Had a poor game full of interceptions. Definite running up the score at the end i was not pleased about. no need.

Ye McG, was a weird game,, tried to keep all my starters out of the game. Goodson at RB did well from the line of scrimmage. Tebow had a mixed game, a terrible first half and a good second half.

Thanks for the game , maybe we'll see each other in the conference game :)

madalig12 wrote: »
    Hammered by cards 47-3. Had a poor game full of interceptions. Definite running up the score at the end i was not pleased about. no need.

That's a few times that's been said about the cardinals..

madalig12 wrote: »

That's a few times that's been said about the cardinals..
    No wonder they talk about the rivalry between the sides at the start.
    They have somekinda double coverage thing which works for interceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I continued to run the ball near the end, i even told you on the mic, i'm running the ball i'm not gonna pass it. i had something like 5 interceptions, i was in great field position every time, it was hard to not score from the advantage of the pick.

• Advertisement

Shane when you run it, you dont have to gain yards if your winning by a massive margin. Run 2 yards dive ... hold your run and get tackled, run out of bounds, kick field goals or punt.

Even if your running the ball it doesn't mean you keep scoring touchdowns.

Advertisement