Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks: Adare-Croagh

• 12-04-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see the roadworks on the Croagh side of Adare? Bloody joke that they will spend money on maintaining the road when they should use the money to put it toward the bypass which is clearly needed!

I was heading in the NCW direction on Monday afternoon (circa 2pm) and the tailback from Adare stretched all the way back to Croagh (past the service station). If its any sort of busy weekend and even on not busy weekends its a huge bottleneck. Its worse than the likes of Mountrath before the motorway was built!

Along with the bypass - the motorway to Cork from Limerick should not have been forgotten about.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If it wasn't done in the boom times then there is no chance in hell of it being done any time soon. The N20 between Limerick and Cork is a joke, having to negotiate Adare, Charleville, Butervant, etc.

I prefer to take the Mitchelstown road and join the M8/N8 to Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The 2+1 section on the N20 are lethal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone see the roadworks on the Croagh side of Adare? Bloody joke that they will spend money on maintaining the road when they should use the money to put it toward the bypass which is clearly needed!

Along with the bypass - the motorway to Cork from Limerick should not have been forgotten about.

Councils are given a budget each year for roadworks, if it's filling potholes,drainage,markings or resurfacing etc. If it's not spent it's not used that year, the money for motorways/bypasses is a total kettle of fish.You should be glad they're spending the money they were given :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I was heading in the NCW direction on Monday afternoon (circa 2pm) and the tailback from Adare stretched all the way back to Croagh (past the service station).
    Me and the OH were stuck in that tailback, it was horrendous. It took us nearly 45 minutes to get from Croagh to Adare, yet once we got past the roundabout on the main street the traffic started flowing again. It was completely mental :eek:

I can't imagine how bad it will be once they start on the roadworks and I have great sympathy for anyone living in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Is it a complete disaster so?

I'm planning on passing there around 7 this evening to head out just past Abbeyfeale.

Maybe I should take the coast road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Councils are given a budget each year for roadworks, if it's filling potholes,drainage,markings or resurfacing etc. If it's not spent it's not used that year, the money for motorways/bypasses is a total kettle of fish.You should be glad they're spending the money they were given :)

thsis is the rubbish that is spued every time people question why the government will spend a billion on a spire and not have cash to give a toilet to a school

budgets are a load of crap. the fact is the government decides how much is given to each council. it means that they are mis-allocating funds and hiding behind excuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Icky Thump wrote: »
    thsis is the rubbish that is spued every time people question why the government will spend a billion on a spire and not have cash to give a toilet to a school

budgets are a load of crap. the fact is the government decides how much is given to each council. it means that they are mis-allocating funds and hiding behind excuses

It's not "rubbish". This is how the system works, councils work off budgets.I suggest you contact your local TD regarding it, nothing to do with me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Is it a complete disaster so?

I'm planning on passing there around 7 this evening to head out just past Abbeyfeale.

Maybe I should take the coast road.

You'd could try coming off the motorway and going by Croom, then right for Ballingarry and onto Newcastlewest that way and back onto the N21. Although just looking at google maps, that seems to be almost as much of a detour as taking the coast road.

Have a feeling we wont be seeing an Adare bypass in this decade! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

I'm guessing the bypass would cost 200-1000 times the cost of the maintenance work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

What is all the fuss about, i travel that road everyday and with the road works its a 5-10 min wait at most. Nothing to get worked up about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What is all the fuss about, i travel that road everyday and with the road works its a 5-10 min wait at most. Nothing to get worked up about.

The fuss was about last Monday and the length of tailback which didnt have the roadworks at that stage, but the thread was to discuss moving funds from the roadworks (which to be honest dont really need to be done) to a fund so that a bypass can be built. But even that doesnt look likely

Advertisement