Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing AIB Account

Options
  • 12-04-2012 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

How easy is it to close a current & business account with AIB? Is it a case of just going into the branch and asking to close the accounts & are there any hefty charges involved? I only have a couple for direct debits so they won't be a problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Shouldn't be any charges outside anything you normally pay - they may request that you put it in writing however.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

If the branch know you there shouldn't be any problem closing your account, it helps if you have your account cleared out beforehand though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Thanks for the prompt replies, would I accrue even more charges on closing the account if I were to withdraw all the funds at once?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

justryan wrote: »
    Thanks for the prompt replies, would I accrue even more charges on closing the account if I were to withdraw all the funds at once?

No. Withdraw your funds and then close your account or do both at the same time.

Advertisement