Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piltown house

Options
  • 12-04-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are pictures of piltown house back when the property was occupied, I've seen photos of its shocking state now and I am interested in its history and what the house was like inside and out.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 opawaman

When i was a kid growing up near Donacarney and having often walked to Piltown and past the big House and would look in awe at what i considered a gigantic mansion. Never knew who it belonged to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DavidHabsburg

Some photos of how it used to look here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Forgotten-Photography-by-Laura-Martin/273993469305491?fref=ts

Maybe try Irish Architecture Archive for interior photos. I will be in there in the next week or so and I will have a look for you then. I visited the ruin as well. It's such a shame that it was allowed to get into such a terrible state.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭enricoh

yeh, what a great spot for an old folks home or something like that.

its on sale at the mo for 250k if anyone wants the fairytale ! or maybe torture! walls are rock solid granite, just needs a roof - easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Looking at these recent photographs, it will need more than a roof....

http://www.abandonedireland.com/Piltown.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DavidHabsburg

It is now marked as Sale Agreed, I wonder who bought it, I wonder what they intend on doing with it. Hopefully, it won' be demolished, or 'helped' to fall down...

• Advertisement
Advertisement