Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crazy Scenarios

• 12-04-2012 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Since I was about 12 years old I've been managing to keep myself up all night thinking of ridiculous situations and decisions that I'll never have to make. One that I used to ask other people a lot was the following:

You get a million euro to take a year off the end of your life. For every extra year you take off, the amount of money doubles...

I've thought of others jokingly as well...
    (Wait for it)... Would you shoot an elephant in the face in front of its children for 5000 euros?

Each tooth you get pulled without anesthetic using a pliers gets you 20000 euros, and there is no limit to how many you can do.

Would you spend 5 years in isolation (no contact with anyone) on an island for 10 million euros.

Any thoughts? (besides that I have way too much time on my hands)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

You really like money. So do I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Go to sleep at night :-)

No to all. Except the isolation one. Which i would actually do for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

You really like money. So do I.

I never said my answer was yes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Each tooth you get pulled without anesthetic using a pliers gets you 20000 euros, and there is no limit to how many you can do.

yes there is. 32. unless you're an alligator.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

you would think making yourself stay awake all night for a while would make you go cuckoo...oh wait..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Would you sniff your sister's sweaty panties for €100?

I would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Would you sniff your sister's sweaty panties for €100?

I would

Ya mean all this time i ve been doing it for free??????????

Would you PM a mod to lock this thread for €50?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Some of us have more, I have had 32 removed lost about 15 and still have about 20.

A million to take a year off your life. deffo do that cos alzheimers not very pretty in that last few years. take 5 off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I used to have one when I was younger where aliens had invaded, and for some inexplicable reason the government had deemed me as the only one capable of stopping them. They'd provide me with the heavy weaponry- ray guns, lasers, tracking devices, probably a bazooka as well. I used to ask myself: would I be able to do it? I mean, all on my own?

I reckon I would.:cool:

Edit: Jesus, I'm a dork.

Some of us have more, I have had 32 removed lost about 15 and still have about 20.

FREAK ;)

what the fuq? you've 20 baby teeth, and 32 adult teeth, at a push one or 2 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dyawannagoonme

Starting at a diameter of 1 inch which would get you €1000. How big of a steel bar would you jam up your arse considering that with each half inch doubles your payout.... I'm sick I know :/

nipple!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

10,000 if you don't touch your face for a year! That means no rubbing your eyes or blowing your nose, no scratching or shaving.
    Just thinking about it makes me want to rub my eyes lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

what the fuq? you've 20 baby teeth, and 32 adult teeth, at a push one or 2 more.

One set of baby teeth, two full sets of adult teeth, my kids have extras too, just havent found out how many yet

I've just done the maths and you've had one million teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I'd take the year off the end of my life for sure, seeing as I'm 87 and a half already. :o
    No way José to the others but. At my age I wouldn't be fit for them

A million to take a year off your life. deffo do that cos alzheimers not very pretty in that last few years. take 5 off!

The thing is though there's no guarantee you'll live until that age though.. You could die in ten years time being hit by a bus, so you've 5 years left if so :P !

calfmuscle wrote: »
    10,000 if you don't touch your face for a year! That means no rubbing your eyes or blowing your nose, no scratching or shaving.
    Just thinking about it makes me want to rub my eyes lol

This is EXACTLY what Im talking about haha! I think the money would have to be a lot higher for that one though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Have you tried dental work on an alligator recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

You get a million euro to take a year off the end of your life. For every extra year you take off, the amount of money doubles...

Hang on. The money doubles every year ? So if I take 10 years off my life I get 512 million ? I'm in !!
    (Wait for it)... Would you shoot an elephant in the face in front of its children for 5000 euros?

Is there a bonus for wasting the babies as well ?

560K... Pull away.

Would you spend 5 years in isolation (no contact with anyone) on an island for 10 million euros.

Deffo, as long as I could take the elephants I wasted earlier. Wouldn't want to starve before I collected the 10 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭NoHarm1994

Try keeping a Fruit Pastille in your mouth without chewing it....£1000 for every second you last. A true test of will power.

Duiske wrote: »
    Is there a bonus for wasting the babies as well ?

I laughed a lot

Have you tried dental work on an alligator recently?

reptiles are polyphyodont. humans are diphyodont
    One set of baby teeth, two full sets of adult teeth, my kids have extras too, just havent found out how many yet

plastic ones don't count!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'd do the island thing and giving up a year of life, the others I wouldn't, come on man shoot an elephant in the face for 5 grand, make it 5 million and we can talk.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

Massacre a small African village of elephants for 50,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Be a PO for 100,000 a year, NO FKCUEN WAY one job I would never do, they deserve their high wage,

I dont understand whats the catch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Starting at a diameter of 1 inch which would get you €1000. How big of a steel bar would you jam up your arse considering that with each half inch doubles your payout.... I'm sick I know :/

nipple!

Mister Hands is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

11 years, 1 billion euro? no bother
    Would you shoot an elephant in the face in front of its children for 5000 euros?
    how big are these 'baby' elephants? do i have a getaway car/ jeep? I'm gonna say no anyway, wouldn't really be into that
    no thanks, just take another week off my life there
    well, if i had enough food to survive, maybe a garden with vegetables, something to keep me occupied, a house/ shelter, a few chickens to kill and eat, maybe a pet dog, or something to keep me from going crazy, and if i hadn't already given up the last 11 years of my life for a billion euro, i reckon i'd consider it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    I dont understand whats the catch

Like humans cute baby elephants take a long time to reach maturity so they rely on their mother very much so. What would they do without their Mammy? plus their cute little heads would be traumatised from witnessing the gruesome event:( , an elephant never forgets remember.:pac:

Would you have protected sex with a person with AIDS for €20,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Good or bad AIDS?

• Advertisement

Good or bad AIDS?
    There's BAD AIDS :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Like humans cute baby elephants take a long time to reach maturity so they rely on their mother very much so. What would they do without their Mammy? plus their cute little heads would be traumatised from witnessing the gruesome event:( , an elephant never forgets remember.:pac:

I now have a image of an elephant bursting through my door near twenty years later killing me and then whispering remember an elephant never forgets.

Lucky i wont be alive by then as i will have taken many years of my life for millions of bean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Would you lay your penis over a CPU and then install a heat sink on top of it for €100?

Good or bad AIDS?

Protected sex? Of course, sure your on a winner there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Pasta is 99c a kilo in tesco, I'm not that desperate for money just yet.

• Advertisement

Condoms wont guarantee 100% protection against AIDS... change your mind? :P

Condoms wont guarantee 100% protection against AIDS... change your mind? :P

I have been involved in AIDS and HIV research and would have no problem with protected sex with a person with HIV or AIDS.

Does anybody know whats the best way to dispose of a dead elephants body, just realized this thread was a joke.

Cant believe some sick bastards joke about killing elephants.

Here's a dodgy one that probably should have been kept for the inside voice...

You have to shoot one of the following:
    -A terminally ill child
    -A healthy 75 year old man.

I can't believe I just wrote that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

[QUOTE=Chips Ahoy;78101335
    Cant believe some sick bastards joke about killing elephants.[/QUOTE]

Deadly lads, an overly sensitive victim person. Is it to soon for greyhound jokes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Here's a dodgy one that probably should have been kept for the inside voice...

You have to shoot one of the following:
    -A terminally ill child
    -A healthy 75 year old man.

I can't believe I just wrote that....

Both a waste of tax, kill both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Okay... Really sorry for this...

€100,000 for every second you'd ride your own ma while tonguing your father's asshole.

Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Overthrow

Absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd take years off the end of my life for a big wedge of cash now, yes for sure.

The Island thing, plenty of people fancy that they would enjoy it but they would all go bat**** crazy and it ultimately would not be worth it whatsoever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement