Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crazy Scenarios

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I'd take years off the end of my life for a big wedge of cash now, yes for sure.

The Island thing, plenty of people fancy that they would enjoy it but they would all go bat**** crazy and it ultimately would not be worth it whatsoever.

I don't think so at all. It's much different than for people who are stranded, because they don't believe they'll ever get off the island. If you knew it was for 5 years, it's just a matter of passing the time. Every day passed is another day closer to a better life for you and your family.

I don't think it'd be enjoyable, i think it'd be a very tough test of endurance, but I'd be up for the challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Would you not rather take 3 years off the end of your life than 5 years off your life now?
    You'd be surprised what isolation would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

You cant speak for a year for a million.

Another one is you cant go outside for a year for a million.

Or you cant take a shower for a year for a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Chips Ahoy wrote: »

All three at once, for €3million? Easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Wossack

at those rates, Im owed loads already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

If your longevity was directly related to the number of times you orgasm, say you're enititled to 1000 per life span and after that your dead, would you still fap every day.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Someone drives you to the city centre.

Would you walk* slowly bollox naked down the main street on a Saturday afternoon, saying "Good Day" to everyone you pass for a fifty grand.

* until you're inevitable tackled to the ground for public indecency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Would you appear on Winning Streak for a minimum cash prise of 20K wearing a (early 90's style icon) NAFF jacket?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What kind of drug user would you be locked up with for a month. You must stay clean and sober but they would be provided with a steady supply of their drug of choice for the duration.
    Alcohol, cocaine, cannabis, LSD, heroin, uppers, downers, speed etc.
    Believe it or not I'd pick a heroin addict.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A million to take a year off your life. deffo do that cos alzheimers not very pretty in that last few years. take 5 off!

Can you choose which year they take off? I could probably have done OK without 1991. I'd definitely swap it for a million euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

Can you choose which year they take off? I could probably have done OK without 1991. I'd definitely swap it for a million euros.

a year off the end of your life, off your life expectancy..

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭treborflynn

Starting at a diameter of 1 inch which would get you €1000. How big of a steel bar would you jam up your arse considering that with each half inch doubles your payout.... I'm sick I know :/

nipple!

You Legend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 IrishGeordie

I once saw a seagull get in a fight with an old man by the beach. The old man didn't look too keen. The seagull won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

I read this recently, I guess it's in the same idea of the thread:
    Arthur and Norma Lewis are slowly descending into abject poverty. One day, they receive a mysterious locked box with a button on it and a note that says a Mr. Steward will come visit. Then, just as the note says, a smartly dressed stranger who introduces himself as Steward comes to their door when Arthur is out. He gives Norma the key to the box and explains that, if they press the button, two things will happen: they will receive $200,000, and someone "whom you don't know" will die.

[semi-irrelevant part]

The next day, Arthur leaves for work and sees Norma sitting at the kitchen table, her gaze transfixed on the button. At the end of the day, he returns from work and it appears that nothing has changed; Norma is still sitting and concentrating only on the button. The days go by. Norma and Arthur keep talking about the box, when suddenly Norma decides that she will push the button.

However, the next day Mr. Steward returns, takes back the box, and gives them a briefcase with the $200,000. The Lewises are in shock and ask what will happen next. Steward ominously replies that the button will be "reprogrammed" and offered to someone else with the same terms and conditions, adding as he focuses on Norma: "I can assure you it will be offered to someone whom you don't know." A horrified, knowing expression crosses Norma's face.
    "Button, Button" was first published in Playboy, June 1970, a short story written by Richard Matheson. The story was republished as part of a collection of Matheson's short stories.
    In the original short story, the plot is resolved differently. Norma presses the button, and receives the money—after her husband dies in a train incident where Arthur is pushed onto the tracks (the money was the no-fault insurance settlement, which is $50,000 instead of the $200,000 in the Twilight Zone episode). A despondent Norma asks the stranger why her husband was the one who was killed. The stranger replies, "Did you really think you knew your husband?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Button,_Button_(The_Twilight_Zone)

Inb4TL;DR

What kind of drug user would you be locked up with for a month?

Cannabis, if the users are the stereotypical users of said drugs. I might make a new friend!
    YAY!

Would you rather spend one full year with anyone you loved who's passed away, then die, or another ten years living your current life?

People who believe in an afterlife, are, of course, deluded excluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Would you have protected sex with a person with AIDS for €20,000?

Shur you could do that and not even know!!

maiden wrote: »
    Shur you could do that and not even know!!

That's not the point though. Just when you know that if something goes wrong you're screwed, and you know they have it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Would you spend 5 years in isolation (no contact with anyone) on an island for 10 million euros.

Any thoughts?
    If it's good enough for Tom Hanks with a football vollyball to chat to than sure ...no problem .

Hey ...where's my ball ? :eek:

Ball's ...he's drifted out to sea :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

grindle wrote: »
    Okay... Really sorry for this...

€100,000 for every second you'd ride your own ma while tonguing your father's asshole.

Any takers?

What the feck is wrong with you....?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I know off someone who went on a back packing holiday to India and didn't bother with medical insurance or shots. Anyway he caught cholera typhoid dysentery or something of that nature and ended up in his hostel dying, literally.

So he was given a deal that his medical treatment and fare home would be paid for if he agreed to carry a package back home, he said yes, he was treated, cured to an extent, and then he took the package home with him.

I asked what was in the package I was told he thinks it was diamonds and not drugs. Now here is what tells you what a total twat this loon is. His parents are rich and his family are close.

I heard that story about the chap, third party and i met him and he seems OK, not as stupid as the above story would have you believe. I suppose there are a number of scenarios which would coerce you into making that decision. But really to go to india backpacking without shots and medical insurance, WTF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I'd do the taking a year off your life for €1million no problem, but what if you were destined to die 364 days later? Not even a chance to spend your dosh, you'd be well raged!!

GalKiefer wrote: »
    What the feck is wrong with you....?! :eek:

It's not meant to be easy...
    Trust me, I had to keep bile down once I'd typed it (Dad moved so I could see the screen).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

44leto wrote: »
    I know off someone who went on a back packing holiday to India and didn't bother with medical insurance or shots. Anyway he caught cholera typhoid dysentery or something of that nature and ended up in his hostel dying, literally.

So he was given a deal that his medical treatment and fare home would be paid for if he agreed to carry a package back home, he said yes, he was treated, cured to an extent, and then he took the package home with him.

I asked what was in the package I was told he thinks it was diamonds and not drugs. Now here is what tells you what a total twat this loon is. His parents are rich and his family are close.

I heard that story about the chap, third party and i met him and he seems OK, not as stupid as the above story would have you believe. I suppose there are a number of scenarios which would coerce you into making that decision. But really to go to india backpacking without shots and medical insurance, WTF.

PFFT...I'd have expected more of you 44leto

It was a magic monkey hand in the package.

Everyone knows stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kingsenny

Massacre a small African village of elephants for 50,000

Hell, I'd waste a small village of Africans for half that

kingsenny wrote: »
    Hell, I'd waste a small village of Africans for half that

i dunno man that's slightly psychopathic imho :P

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kingsenny

i dunno man that's slightly psychopathic imho :P

Jeez... Kony does and he goes viral on in interwebz... I say it and I'm a psychopath... No justice these days :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Would you PM a mod to lock this thread for €50?

Done. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Mickey H wrote: »
    Done. ;)

Great! Now if you'll just give me your bank details, I'll see that the money gets to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Great! Now if you'll just give me your bank details, I'll see that the money gets to you...

Sound, good man. Do you want my email address? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It wouldn't hurt, nor would your PPSN, credit/debit card numbers, any numbers you can give me.
    The more info I have, the more secure I can make the transfer.

• Advertisement

throw them up in a reply sure

grindle wrote: »
    Would you rather spend one full year with anyone you loved who's passed away, then die, or another ten years living your current life?

This is a good one too... Haven't lost anyone close enough to say though

I'd spend the year and die.

Sounds sad to throw ten years away, but it'd be better to get to have a great time and get to say proper goodbyes, knowing how everything panned out post death but pre-resurrection.

how about you cant open your eyes for a year for 500,000

also inspired by the movie swordfish, if you could cure all the worlds diseases but the price is that you must kill an innocent child would you do it?
    i personally wouldn't cause it would but the earths population over the top:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dyawannagoonme

There's 5 boxes. 4 has a million in them. 1 has death. Would you play the game?

Russian roulette.

Lately I would entertain the thought of giving it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

No. :D

But I'd watch everyone else play it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

if u had to choose either ur elbows bending the other way or ur knees???

gdavis wrote: »
    if u had to choose either ur elbows bending the other way or ur knees???

easy elbows... cant imagine what you'd look like with your knees the other way :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

u couldnt scratch an itch on ur face tho,if it was ur knees imagine the craic tryin to sit down

For ten million euros, would you give up all sexual acts you can think of, for life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

for how much would you sell your soul for?... mu ha... muu ha ha ha ha

For ten million euros, would you give up all sexual acts you can think of, for life?

Hell no I just don't think that is possible.

Have everyone you know think you're a pedophile for the rest of your life for 10 million euros?

Have everyone you know think you're a pedophile for the rest of your life for 10 million euros?

Everyone already thinks you're a pedophile.

• Advertisement

Definite yes - just think of all the kids you could rent, maybe buy! They wouldn't just think you were a paedo then, the underestimating bastards...

Seriously though, notahope. Rather be dead.
    Maybe this is what happened to Gary Glitter...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

spend the next ten years as a vegan for 100,000.
    Just to clarify that means no meat, no dairy, no wool, no honey, nothing that has been cooked in lard or butter etc.

forgot = no using leather products

calfmuscle wrote: »
    Just to clarify that means no meat, no dairy, no wool, no honey, nothing that has been cooked in lard or butter etc.

not for ten million

calfmuscle wrote: »

WAAAAY too little money.

We're talking at least a few million, at least, for that bland lifestyle.

How many vegans would you kill for a rasher sandwich (or your fave meat, but if you don't like rashers, you're scum)?

I'd kill all of them, if that's what it takes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Would you let an Elephant ejaculate in your mouth for the price of the safari?

• Advertisement
Advertisement