Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 13-04-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how I could get from Dublin to Dundalk at this hour? It's kinda urgent...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I don't think you will get any service at this time other than a taxi i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

delly wrote: »
    I don't think you will get any service at this time other than a taxi i'm afraid.

Thanks for the reply. That's ridiculous isn't it? I need to get down for a family emergency and there's no way for me to get there :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Supply and demand unfortunately which doesn't cater for stuff like this :(

delly wrote: »
    Supply and demand unfortunately which doesn't cater for stuff like this :(

I was trying to find like an airport bus or something, I thought surely they'd run throughout the night? But it seems they only go from Dundalk to Dublin in the early hours, not the other way round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Can you get to Newry ? http://www.translink.co.uk/Goldline/Goldline-Timetables/Goldline-Service-200-Outbound/

Edit re-read the post and see you want to go the other way sorry OP :(

• Advertisement

There's nobody to pick me up unfortunately :( I could possibly get a lift from Drogheda, but everyone's caught up atm :(

There's nobody to pick me up unfortunately :( I could possibly get a lift from Drogheda, but everyone's caught up atm :(

Actually here http://www.translink.co.uk/Goldline/Goldline-Timetables/Goldline-Service-200-Inbound/

There is a bus at 3 am if I'm reading that right but doesn't stop in dundalk, now don't hold be to this but I was stuck one night heading to drogheda late and missed the last Bus Eireann and the diver took me and dropped me in drogeda as the bus was not very busy worth a try if you want to chance it but like I say the guy driving didn't want to see me stuck so up to you.

calex71 wrote: »
    Actually here http://www.translink.co.uk/Goldline/Goldline-Timetables/Goldline-Service-200-Inbound/

There is a bus at 3 am if I'm reading that right but doesn't stop in dundalk, now don't hold be to this but I was stuck one night heading to drogheda late and missed the last Bus Eireann and the diver took me and dropped me in drogeda as the bus was not very busy worth a try if you want to chance it but like I say the guy driving didn't want to see me stuck so up to you.

Did you ask after you got your ticket or what?

Did you ask after you got your ticket or what?

Oh no I was straight up with him told him my situation I was prepared for the long sit until 5:30 or what ever but he said you're grand jump on.

Like I said though totally up to the guy driving , and sure at 3am you could always wait another 2 and a half hours to be guaranteed bus

Oh no I was straight up with him told him my situation I was prepared for the long sit until 5:30 or what ever but he said you're grand jump on.

Like I said though totally up to the guy driving , and sure at 3am you could always wait another 2 and a half hours to be guaranteed bus

As far as I can see the first bus to Dundalk is at 06:40, ages away =/ I might try that then, thanks :)

• Advertisement

As far as I can see the first bus to Dundalk is at 06:40, ages away =/ I might try that then, thanks :)

Word of warning it ain't a nice place to be sat around so if they wont take you Mc Donalds on O'Connell St. is 24 hours if you need to wait it out someplace.

Word of warning it ain't a nice place to be sat around so if they wont take you Mc Donalds on O'Connell St. is 24 hours if you need to wait it out someplace.

I live near it anyway :)

Advertisement