Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB chord for Sony Camera

Options
  • 13-04-2012 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Anyone know where i can get USB chords to connect my digital camera to my laptop/pc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

nails1 wrote: »
    Anyone know where i can get USB chords to connect my digital camera to my laptop/pc?

Camera model?

I much prefer using the memory chip with a card reader, rather than connecting the camera to the computer, which often requires drivers and software to be installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What you need is a bog-standard mini-USB to USB cable, any of your friends who is into gadgets probably has several spares.

All of the camera and PC shops sell them but at ludicrous prices - up to 20 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Torqay wrote: »
    Camera model?

I much prefer using the memory chip with a card reader, rather than connecting the camera to the computer, which often requires drivers and software to be installed.

Its a sony cybershot DSC W320
    coylemj wrote: »
    What you need is a bog-standard mini-USB to USB cable, any of your friends who is into gadgets probably has several spares.

All of the camera and PC shops sell them but at ludicrous prices - up to 20 euros.

I lost my own cable and would like another one so i can upload photos, i'd prefer to buy it rather than continuousy borrowing them off other people too. Do you think those chinese gadget shops would sell them, i dont want to have to pay more than €10 for one, and dont want to buy it online, prefer to get it soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

HERE,

HERE,

or even this one video and USB type HERE

Google can be very handy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

nails1 wrote: »
    I lost my own cable and would like another one so i can upload photos, i'd prefer to buy it rather than continuousy borrowing them off other people too.

Maybe we have different interpretations of the word 'friend'. If you know someone who is into gadgets, he probably has several of these cables sitting in drawers and never used. I just checked and I have one in an unopened plastic bag, I can't remember which gadget it came with. I have about six of those cables, varying in length from 20 cm to a metre.

If you ask one of your friends, they should give it to you for keeps - why would they want it back if they have several of them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement