If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D TV

Options
  • 13-04-2012 4:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a new TV and was thinking of getting a 3D one, do you have any new models coming in soon? (£500 budget range) and can they be delivered or are they instore only? i don't have transport so driving to Belfast isn't an option...

Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Bombles,

Thanks for getting in touch. :)

What kind of size are you thinking?? I'm still waiting on a good few 2012 models to land with us.

I've got a great deal on a 50" LG 3D plasma. It's the LG 50 PZ 550T and I can offer this for just £549.95. We could deliver this for just £39.95. I know this is over your budget but you're getting a great TV and delivery to your front door.

Check the link below for more info:
    http://www.lg.com/uk/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-plasma-tv-50PZ550T.jsp

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Hi Bombles,

What kind of size are you thinking?? I'm still waiting on a good few 2012 models to land with us.

I've got a great deal on a 50" LG 3D plasma. It's the LG 50 PZ 550T and I can offer this for just £549.95. We could deliver this for just £39.95. I know this is over your budget but you're getting a great TV and delivery to your front door.

Check the link below for more info:
    http://www.lg.com/uk/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-plasma-tv-50PZ550T.jsp

Chris

Cheers, that looks nice indeed. I was thinking of getting a 42 inch (a 50inch may be a tad too big for my room) that is tempting though.

What 42inch models are in stock and can be delivered at the moment? i'd be looking to buy next week

Cheers, that looks nice indeed. I was thinking of getting a 42 inch (a 50inch may be a tad too big for my room) that is tempting though.

What 42inch models are in stock and can be delivered at the moment? i'd be looking to buy next week

Hi Bomble,

I don't have an awful lot in the way of 42" 3D screens at the moment.

I can get my hands on this wee beaut though:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/3d-tv/lg/42lw540u/lg-42lw540

It's a 42" 3D 100hz LED screen. As this uses passive 3D technology you get 7 pairs of glasses included in the box. ;)

Our current price on this is £599.95 and we could deliver this screen for just £29.95.

I'll hopefully have more models in within the next few weeks.

Chris

Cheers for the info Chris.

The 50PZ550T looks very nice (i was checking out lots of reviews online)

I have a 42inch screen now so it makes sense to get a bigger one :)

Does the set come with any 3D glasses? i know it's an active 3D set so the glasses are a good bit more expensive than the passive ones.

How much are decent active glasses sold seperately too?

Thanks for your time! :)

Hi Bomble,

Thanks for getting back to me. :)

It's a gorgeous screen like, we've got 1 on display and it gives some more expensive screens a run for their money.

You get 1 pair included with the TV. Each pair at £59.95 on top of that. The glasses you'll need are the LG AGS250:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv-accessories/lg/ags250/lg-ags250

• Advertisement

Wow, those glasses are really expensive (not a criticism of your shop, obviously!)

Are they ok for wearing for prolonged periods? i hear that active ones can become uncomfortable and can have sync issues and such.

How many of the that TV model do you have in stock? i won't have the cash till next week. I could maybe pay a deposit to hold one (if that's possible?)

Cheers.

Hi again,

Unfortunately they are. :( Same with most manufactures. I've found LG glasses are well made and fairly comfortable to wear so not too bad that way.

I haven't heard of many real issues with watching 3D for a long time. For watching the likes of a movie for an hour and a half would be fine. For the likes of gaming which you could spend hours on I'd take a break every few hours.

At the moment I've only got 1 of the screens in stock. But don't fear, I can get my paws on a good few more. :)

There's no problem placing a deposit for one of the screens. :)

Chris

Cool, i think i'll go for one of those TVs anyway.

Will sort out further details after the weekend!

Cheers.

Just keep us posted and we'll make sure you get sorted. :)

Have a great weekend.

Chris

About the glasses.... what firmware do they have?

I'm hearing the 0.63 firmware has problems with powering down every 10 minutes where as 0.64 fixed this issue.

• Advertisement

Hi again,

The pair we have here are V0.64. :)

Chris

Me again!

Could you do a price match on the 3D specs? (they are £49.99 from Currys)

Also, are the ones included with the TV 0.64 firmware also?

Cheers.

Hi there,

Yep, that's no problem at all. £49.95 per pair it is. :)

I'm not too sure on the glasses in the box. I'll have a wee look for you now and post back. :)

Chris

Me again.

Checked the glasses that came with our display set and they're also V0.64. :)

Chris

Super!

Cheers.

Right guys, what's the absolute best price i can get on a 50PZ550T, extra pair of specs and delivery?

Be looking to buy on Friday all being well.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Right guys, what's the absolute best price i can get on a 50PZ550T, extra pair of specs and delivery?

Be looking to buy on Friday all being well.

Absolute best price on a 50PZ550T & extra pair of specs

£579.95

Delivery- Where are you based - if you give me an area I'll get the sharpest pencil out!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Absolute best price on a 50PZ550T & extra pair of specs

£579.95

Delivery- Where are you based - if you give me an area I'll get the sharpest pencil out!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

Hi John, I'm in Letterkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Hi guys thought I would jump into this thread. I am looking for a good price for a 3D LED TV between 42 and 47 inch open to suggestions as the 38 inch Sony I have had for last 12 years has given up on me.

Thanks

Hi John, I'm in Letterkenny.

Hi Bomble,

Had a chat to John there and the best we can do on delivery is £40. :) That'll go directly from our warehouse in Manchester to your front door.

So that's the TV, 1 pair of glasses and delivery for just £619.95.

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi Bomble,

Had a chat to John there and the best we can do on delivery is £40. :) That'll go directly from our warehouse in Manchester to your front door.

So that's the TV, 1 pair of glasses and delivery for just £619.95.

Chris

How long will delivery take?

Cheers.

Oh and the glasses, it's one pair with the tv and one additional pair, yes?

meolwan wrote: »
    Hi guys thought I would jump into this thread. I am looking for a good price for a 3D LED TV between 42 and 47 inch open to suggestions as the 38 inch Sony I have had for last 12 years has given up on me.

Thanks

Hi Meolwan,

RIP Sony. :(

Check out this LG. It's a full HD, 42" 400hz LED screen. This uses passive 3D so glasses are a good bit cheaper. You do get 7 included in the box so might not even need anymore. :)

We're offering the 47" version of the above for just £699.95.

From the new 2012 LG range we've got this wee beaut. It's the new LG 42LM620T. Full HD, 400hz, passive 3D, Smart LED. This will give you access to web apps and also a web browser:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lm620t/lg-42lm620t

Let me know if these tickle your fancy. Still waiting on some new models from Samsung and Panasonic. :)

Chris

How long will delivery take?

Cheers.

Oh and the glasses, it's one pair with the tv and one additional pair, yes?

Hi again,

I'd hopefully imagine delivery for mid / end next week.

Correct. :) 1 pair in the box and then another pair included.

Chris

Hi again,

I'd hopefully imagine delivery for mid / end next week.

Chris

So it's usually 3 to 4 working days about?

I'll pay tomorrow if there's enough in my account after my wages have gone in, if not i'll pay for most of it then the rest on Tuesday.

Cheers.

So it's usually 3 to 4 working days about?

I'll pay tomorrow if there's enough in my account after my wages have gone in, if not i'll pay for most of it then the rest on Tuesday.

Cheers.

Because it's going directly from our warehouse it takes a few days extra.

That's cool. I'm in tomorrow myself so I can get you sorted. You can reach us on 0044 333 900 0070 / 0044 333 900 0071. Or if you'd like to PM your number I can call you.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Hi Meolwan,

RIP Sony. :(

Check out this LG. It's a full HD, 42" 400hz LED screen. This uses passive 3D so glasses are a good bit cheaper. You do get 7 included in the box so might not even need anymore. :)

We're offering the 47" version of the above for just £699.95.

From the new 2012 LG range we've got this wee beaut. It's the new LG 42LM620T. Full HD, 400hz, passive 3D, Smart LED. This will give you access to web apps and also a web browser:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lm620t/lg-42lm620t

Let me know if these tickle your fancy. Still waiting on some new models from Samsung and Panasonic. :)

Chris

Thanks for getting back to me Chris I like the look of both these TVs. I can assume that they are all ok with Soarview ? I have got a slightly better price from another B&M store for the 42lw450u. I am think this is the same as the lw540 that you are showing.

Hi Meolwan,

Yup both models are Saorview approved. :)

I model I linked you too was the LW540. There is a few differences between the 450 and 540. The 540 is 400hz where the 450 is only 100hz. The 450 is also a finished model for us now so I can't get it anymore. :(

Chris

I'll call the store on Tuesday and pay for this order, i haven't forgotten.

:)

Hi Bombleswizzum.

No problem at all.

If you want to me me you name and address I can pop the order onto out system to ensure one of the screens gets held for you in case we sell them over the next few days.

• Advertisement

Hi Bombleswizzum.

No problem at all.

If you want to me me you name and address I can pop the order onto out system to ensure one of the screens gets held for you in case we sell them over the next few days.

Cool, i'll do that now. Cheers!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.