Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Points?

Options
  • 13-04-2012 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,
    Can anyone give me advice on what i should put at the back of the tv ie number of sockets, tv points, cat 5 points, eircom, sky ect. Im in the middle of chasing out the walls and not 100% on what to put there, im trying to look to the future on what we might need.:confused:
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Hi,
    Can anyone give me advice on what i should put at the back of the tv ie number of sockets, tv points, cat 5 points, eircom, sky ect. Im in the middle of chasing out the walls and not 100% on what to put there, im trying to look to the future on what we might need.:confused:
    Thanks
    I would put
    3 twin sockets
    1 cat 5
    1 phone line
    4 tv cables(to attic)
    You might want to wire those sockets to a 20a double pole switch near the door so you can turn the power off on the way out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

meercat wrote: »
    I would put
    3 twin sockets
    1 cat 5
    1 phone line
    4 tv cables(to attic)
    You might want to wire those sockets to a 20a double pole switch near the door so you can turn the power off on the way out

Id install 2 x Cat5e or even Cat6,as its allways handy to have a spare,just incase.;)

You can also use the 2 cat5/cat6 cables as a HDMI lead aswell (for the future).

Advertisement