Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bootsessss!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Love Timmys, half the products have their sell by date out by years.:) .
    All the veg out like clockwork every morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Sure where else would you get cream on Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Sure where else would you get cream on Christmas day.

Or batterys....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Interesting article this from the Times about the effect of out of town superstores on local businesses.

During the boom years independents business halved while multiples grew by 60%. Also points to local shops delivering 32 cents in every euro spent with them back into the local economy while the chains delvier 16 cents.

Interesting that there are no references to where this evidence is obtained from? :(

Boots is busy but have to say not cheap and cheerful. The other pharmacies were quiet during my recces, in comparision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I rarely go near Boots tbh. I find O Donnells is a great little chemist for offers, the girls know me by name and at this stage can nearly remind me if i'm forgetting something as i pretty much buy the same stuff month in month out.

I will wander into Boots and wander out. Yes there are headline offers but outside of those they are woefully expensive imo. Shiny, sexy shops appealying to a younger generation, stocking huge ranges of more crap we dont need. Celtic tiger extravagance. I'd prefre to keep my local chemist, and i think there are alot of people like me. Peoples attitudes are actually changing with the change in their pockets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement