Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday Cake for Boyfriend

Options
  • 13-04-2012 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

It's my boyfriend's birthday next Friday. We're going on holidays next Tuesday so i'm planning on making this tomorrow as it's a family day.

So... I've very little time... as usual..:o Does anyone have a nice recipe for an easy enough birthday cake that's yummy? It also needs to survive a few car journeys before it reaches it's destination.:)

He loves fruit based things, cream, meringues, white chocolate, lemon, icing... He doesn't seem too fond of chocolate cake.

Thanks in advance everyone.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Things with fresh fruit and cream need to be refrigerated as much as possible and wouldn't be the most stable for car journeys so I would go with something more cakey in structure. What about a white chocolate and raspberry cake, or a lemon drizzle cake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Acoshla wrote: »
    Things with fresh fruit and cream need to be refrigerated as much as possible and wouldn't be the most stable for car journeys so I would go with something more cakey in structure. What about a white chocolate and raspberry cake, or a lemon drizzle cake?

Hi there - thanks a million for your advice - took the points on board about the cream and the fresh fruit. Ended up making this from the cooking club http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056422873. It was fabulous. Thanks again.;)

Advertisement