Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charter Fishing - Dungarvan or Dunmore East?

Options
  • 13-04-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

How would you compare the two locations for charter fishing and/or accessibility to Waterford town? Is there a difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Which Waterford town are you on about?

I think this should be in the Waterford County section as this is the Waterford City section?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

conorcan2 wrote: »
    How would you compare the two locations for charter fishing and/or accessibility to Waterford town? Is there a difference?
    Dungarvan to Waterford City is pretty straight forward. About 40 minutes.

Try Helvick Head for Charter fishing. It's just past Dungarvan.

Anybody I know that sea fishes would use Helvick.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Silverado

Dunmore East is only about 15 minutes from the city and is easy to get to if you are coming off the motorway. There are three angling boats there for hire who are fully certified (very important). Normally they go wreck fishing off Hook Head. Check http://www.waterford-dunmore.com/tourism/web

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

I have a friend who does fishing trips leaving from Helvick. Boat can take ten. Knows his stuff too, everything provided and cooks fish on the boat.

PM me if you want number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tallboy

Hi duinegorm,

Could you please PM me the number of your friend in helvick? Is it Connie? I am looking to book him for July. Booked him a few years ago but no longer have his number.
    Would be great if you can get back to me.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to Waterford County

Advertisement