Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft TechNET pricing – Ireland versus UK

Options
  • 13-04-2012 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was looking at taking out a new TechNET subscription (standard is fine for my needs). But I’m finding it hard to commit when the price differential between the UK and Irish prices is over 30%!

For example, excluding all VAT a standard sub in Ireland will cost €213.05. The exact same sub in the UK is £133.55 (€160.98). This makes no sense when you consider there are no shipping costs – it’s all digital delivery. It makes even less sense as it looks like the process is managed by Microsoft in Ireland.

Anybody think of a reasonable explanation for this?

JD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

You can get it even cheaper in German.
    JDxtra wrote: »
    Hi,

I was looking at taking out a new TechNET subscription (standard is fine for my needs). But I’m finding it hard to commit when the price differential between the UK and Irish prices is over 30%!

For example, excluding all VAT a standard sub in Ireland will cost €213.05. The exact same sub in the UK is £133.55 (€160.98). This makes no sense when you consider there are no shipping costs – it’s all digital delivery. It makes even less sense as it looks like the process is managed by Microsoft in Ireland.

Anybody think of a reasonable explanation for this?

JD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

not only the price is anoying,but also they reduced the number of activation per product,worldwide,per subscription,from 10 to 3 or 5 i guess !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I've just noticed the microsoftstore.ie are selling it for the same price, but VAT is included. Plus 20% back when using Fatcheese.ie.

That's a bit easier to digest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Is this for work or yourself?

You could look into getting the student version by signing up to a cheap course.
    JDxtra wrote: »
    I've just noticed the microsoftstore.ie are selling it for the same price, but VAT is included. Plus 20% back when using Fatcheese.ie.

That's a bit easier to digest.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

If it’s any consolation I believe the prices over the water are going up 30% this year to bring them into line with the rest of Europe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement