Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More meteor problems

Options
  • 13-04-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

I signed up with meteor before Christmas on their E15 a month deal. I had an iphone that went belly up but I have an ericcson as a backup. I emailed Meteor but they say I must spend E130 with them before they unlock the phone 'for security reasons'. Incredible horsesh""t.

Is there any other way of unlocking MY phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

You are not giving all the information. Which phone do you want unlocked.
    How old is the phone?
    Did you get it on Pre or Post pay?
    If Post pay, are you out of contract?
    If Pre pay, roughly how much have you spent per month and for how many months?

In short, these phones aren't free and are heavily subsidised by the networks. The truth of the matter is, if they unlock your phone before you are ENTITLED to have it unlocked, they would probably lose money.

It's not horse****. They are a business not a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

Ranger,

I bought an Ericsson Zylo a couple of years ago for a different purpose. It is mine, I paid for it.

The phone is about 2 years old and not in any contract.

And gosh, are you sure they are not a charity? Because I really thought they were.

donalh087 wrote: »
    Ranger,

I bought an Ericsson Zylo a couple of years ago for a different purpose. It is mine, I paid for it.

The phone is about 2 years old and not in any contract.

And gosh, are you sure they are not a charity? Because I really thought they were.

I don't understand your problem.. I know that tensions may be heightened at the moment. I understand that.

Are you trying to unlock the iPhone?
    Or do you have a problem with the Ericsson?

Let there be no tension.

I have an Ericsson Zylo that I would like to unlock.

I have no phone in contract with anyone (the iphone is 3 years old).

I just think, it is my phone and I should be able to use it - not have Meteor hinting that I may have stolen it. Thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If it's not a meteor locked phone they probably won't be able to unlock it.
    Did they sell it to you?

• Advertisement

No, I bought it elsewhere. I understood they batched off the IMEI codes to the manufacturers and got the codes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

you'd need to contact the network you bought the phone off to get the unlock code. meteor wont be able to help

No, I bought it elsewhere. I understood they batched off the IMEI codes to the manufacturers and got the codes back.

Meteor cannot unlock a non Meteor phone. It's not technically possible.

Thanks guys. O2 will do it straight away. Why didn't Meteor just tell me that first day? Anyway - thanks again.

Why didn't Meteor just tell me that first day? Anyway - thanks again.

Did you tell them it was an O2 phone?
    They're not mind readers.

• Advertisement

Jesus ranger, you make boards a very unpleasant place.

Advertisement