Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorsport Photography

• 13-04-2012 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

When I saw Paddy@CIRL's post on the Circuit of Ireland Rally I thought that I'd post a few of my own motorsport images from the last month or so to get some feedback!
    7069226945_9727e018d0_z.jpg

6922701576_6eae69e841_z.jpg

6922808506_23c579fe23_z.jpg

7072008009_9d629f2a99_z.jpg

6925922628_7ceb33984c_z.jpg

7071957969_0ff72d2ec0_z.jpg

7068923607_ef4bde0f74_z.jpg

6922925894_059b1bfa14_c.jpg

6922885646_e75d9f4fe2_z.jpg

7069172973_603dc3818c_z.jpg

7069419943_533cd5d1b7_z.jpg

7069357389_1c94bef2ae_z.jpg

6923132206_c10b305786_z.jpg

6786187370_16277d8784_z.jpg

6922756892_c6824f8fe0_z.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm kinda dizzy from all the skewed angles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

<3 them ..the bike ones especially

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Love the bike ones, especially the first Yamaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

i'm kinda dizzy from all the skewed angles!

Personal preference but I always struggle to get a sense of speed with a normal POV angle. Its something that Ive been working on so hopefully at the next couple of races I can master it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Composition wise they are good....but I think they could be a bit sharper, especially the car ones....what equipment did you use?

• Advertisement

Composition wise they are good....but I think they could be a bit sharper, especially the car ones....what equipment did you use?

What do you mean by sharper? Is it go get the shot a bit more in focus?

I got a Canon 60D last year when I was in the US with 55-135 and 135-300mm lenses. Ive only used the camera a couple of times since then (pretty much at the couple of races shown in the examples) so im still trying to get my head back into the settings of an SLR after using a point and shoot digital for a few years.

For the car ones I had loads of problems getting the camera set up right for the light. During the day it was ridiculously bright so a lot of shots were washed out whereas when the sun was setting I found it really hard to get the settings as I wanted them! I need practice I'd imagine!

EDIT: For what its worth here's a link to my flickr account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Yes to sharper....I don't look at Flickr, it's a horrible set up/site.
    I prefer Pix.ie

Ur Camera equipment is what I thought...u've out grown it, You have far to much talent for it.

My opinion ofc :cool:

Ur Camera equipment is what I thought...u've out grown it, You have far to much talent for it.

My opinion ofc :cool:

Im happy with the shots but dont think Id go that far! Thanks though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭inkedpt

The second is my favourite, I like the crop the sharpness the angle and the back-fire for a bonus!
    I also like the angles and the fact you keep your camera align when there are several bikes/cars on the frame but IMO you went to far on nº 11 - the blue porche braking.

Cheers!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

Bikes are class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Nice shots. It's been ages since I've been track side, must get back into it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

First 3 bike shots are great. Not sure about the angles though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Nice locations Sebring and Qatar, beats a wet and miserable Mondello or Bishopscourt any day. ;-)
    I like the fire spitting Lorenzo shot, good capture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

I think you need to do some panning on the car shots to give the sense of movement, some of them look like they're parked.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, really appreciate it! Still trying to get my head around what to do with the camera etc so hopefully by the next race I go to Ill make some improvements!
    foamcutter wrote: »
    Nice locations Sebring and Qatar, beats a wet and miserable Mondello or Bishopscourt any day. ;-)
    I like the fire spitting Lorenzo shot, good capture.

Yeah Ive been lucky to get to some pretty good races so far this year and another few coming up in the next while too!
    I think you need to do some panning on the car shots to give the sense of movement, some of them look like they're parked.

Yeah I find that its pretty tough with the quicker shutter speeds to get a sense of movement on some of the images but in the full collections I have a lot of panning shots that are similar to the bikes in this selection, just wanted to give a few examples in this selection!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

I only live 1 mile from Bishopscourt, if anyone is ever heading up here I would love to meet up.

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OpenShutter

Great work Frostie. Keep it up, If your close enough to the action, as your panning maybe under expose the image a little and pop a flash at the end when the shutter closes. (Rear curtain sync), some lovely effects with that.

Advertisement