Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear to wedding ?

• 13-04-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Going to a wedding in may! Still have nothing to wear. I have no idea what to wear what's in etc.... Wanto wear something I'd feel comfortable in for the whole day and not worry about the dreaded bulge. Tummy issues had great intentions to lose weight for it! Been looking online there is loads but I just dont know what to wear! Any help greatly appreciated....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

What's your budget?
    What size are you?
    What type of dress do you want? Long, short, formal, informal etc.
    Is there any particular style you do or don't want?
    Any particular colours you will or won't wear?

Without more information it'll be hard to suggest anything really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

If you have tummy issues, the "peplum" style that is very popular at the moment might work..

perkins-peplum-dress.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

I would be a size 14 I'd say (depends on shop) I'd wear anything really as long as id feel comfortable in it. I do have tummy issues though so nothing clingy. Something that won't highlight my belly problems but that would disguise it and make me feel good for the day. I'm 5.4

What's your budget?
    What size are you?
    What type of dress do you want? Long, short, formal, informal etc.
    Is there any particular style you do or don't want?
    Any particular colours you will or won't wear?

Without more information it'll be hard to suggest anything really.
    I would be hoping to get a dress I could wear again. Don't want to spend too much but for the right dress I would pay up to 200 maybe. There's no styles I don't want and none that I'd love in particular. And colours I'd be easy goin with too. If just love to get somethig fab that I'd feel good in for the day if that makes sence. Maybe if anybody has bought a dress recently that has tummy problems that they could recommend

If you have tummy issues, the "peplum" style that is very popular at the moment might work..

perkins-peplum-dress.jpg
    Do u know of somewhere online I could get this style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I saw loads in Dorothy Perkins, also in the Closet range which you will find on both Dorothy Perkins and A Wear websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Make sure you don't match the bridesmaids is all I can say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

I don't understand why you're not looking for these yourself but anyway you could look on www.coast-stores.com, and look in the 'Wedding Guest' or 'Races' section under the 'Occasions' tab. There's lots of dresses there within your budget. They stock a few of these dresses in Brown Thomas, there's a list of Irish stockists on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Versatile Fashionista

I know many people are reluctant to buy online without trying, but dresses.ie tend to be true to size. I think dress would be very flattering and can be worn for a multitude of occasions in future -

13328378411.jpg

http://www.dresses.ie/dress-delia-duck-egg-dress-D274872

I personally love the duck egg colour, as it's versatile and easy to accessorise to dress it up or dress it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

Oh that duck egg is such a gorgeous color. Monsoon, Oasis, and French Connection can be very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Versatile Fashionista

Oh that duck egg is such a gorgeous color. Monsoon, Oasis, and French Connection can be very good.
    Isn't it fab? I love it!

Advertisement