Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER Rating low will this help?

Options
  • 13-04-2012 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, looking for some advice please, my BER rating came back at a G but there were a few things left out of the report and we are making some changes, i know that no one can give me an exact esitmate withiout seeing the house but all i need is a ball park figure.

The house is built in 1932 - two storey two bed one bathroom
    No gas oil heated
    No TRV on rads
    40mm board insulation
    300mm attic insulation
    5 year old boiler working at 86%
    Chimmney is totally covered up and non existent(he had it in repot that there was a chimney!!)
    Two lagging jackets on the hotpress boiler
    A vent in the two bedrooms
    Windows are double glaze
    Some form of insulation under the floor boards not sure what its called

All of these points would they make the rating higher - not all of these were donw/taken into consideration when we were given the G grade so now that all amendments have been done can anyone tell me would this bring it up at all? I think we were in teh -500 mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kinnitty

Oh i meant to say we also had the entire house painted with Evertex, the paint insulates the house from the outside that wasnt factored in either!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

kinnitty wrote: »
    Hi, looking for some advice please, my BER rating came back at a G but there were a few things left out of the report and we are making some changes, i know that no one can give me an exact esitmate withiout seeing the house but all i need is a ball park figure.

The house is built in 1932 - two storey two bed one bathroom
    No gas oil heated
    No TRV on rads
    40mm board insulation
    300mm attic insulation
    5 year old boiler working at 86%
    Chimmney is totally covered up and non existent(he had it in repot that there was a chimney!!)
    Two lagging jackets on the hotpress boiler
    Windows are double glaze

All of these points would they make the rating higher - not all of these were donw/taken into consideration when we were given the G grade so now that all amendments have been done can anyone tell me would this bring it up at all? I think we were in teh -500 mark

Call the person who did the report and ask them why they missed so many things. You paid for something and they did it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Oh i meant to say we also had the entire house painted with Evertex, the paint insulates the house from the outside that wasnt factored in either!

The paint is BS, and cannot be factored into a BER report.

But for all of the other items, you should be calling the SEAI and reporting the assessor.

2 questions:

1. How long did the assessor spend at your dwelling?
    2. How much did you pay for his/her service?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

40mm board insulation

You will need to prove this to the assessors satisfaction

A missing vent would improve your rating

Again, evidence of this, its location and thickness is required. Given that you do not know what it is called, you cannot expect the assessor to be able to determine it's U value.

//QUOTE]

See italics

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

This is the software that your BER assessor will use to determine your rating from now on. It's software that is free to download on SEAI’s website from here. You don’t need to be a BER assessor to do a calculation.

http://www.seai.ie/your_building/epbd/deap/download/

M.F :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement