Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile - new phone not working

Options
  • 13-04-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi, ordered a new phone, and received it yesterday.. Nokia Lumia 800.
    Inserted the microsim, and got error No service.

Rebooted phone, removed Sim card etc, no effect.

Called to Customer Service, first agent asked me to remove the battery, and try again, and call again.. bye...
    Problem is that this model has an internal battery, that cant be removed..

Called again, got some help, even if it took 45 minutes for conclusion that sim card is faulty, was adviced to go to Emobile shop for Sim card change.

My question: When i go there, are they able to help me directly to get my phone up and running? I dont want to waste my time and travel there if they are just asking me to call customer service again? Phone was ordered online, and was new postpay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

finnteme wrote: »
    My question: When i go there, are they able to help me directly to get my phone up and running? I dont want to waste my time and travel there if they are just asking me to call customer service again? Phone was ordered online, and was new postpay.

The eircom/eMobile rep (Tony) on boards will answer this better than me.

You say 'postpay', do you mean 'billpay'?

* are you a new customer?
    * your eMobile acount activated/live?
    * if you get a new SIM and you want to keep your existing mobile number, won't eMobile have to move the old number onto the new SIM?
    * a new SIM has to be activated?

If 'yes' to any of these does that mean you'll have to wait until eMobile customer services activate the new SIM with your information. I am not sure they can do this instore? Maybe they can start the process at the store. It could be quicker that ringing eMobile. (I switched over to eMobile before Xmas and when I got a new phone & SIM in the post I had to wait a few hours before it became active.)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

paultf wrote: »
    The eircom/eMobile rep (Tony) on boards will answer this better me.

You say 'postpay', do you mean 'billpay'?

* are you a new customer? Yes
    * your eMobile acount activated/live? Yes, as per CSC agent confirmed
    * if you get a new SIM and you want to keep your existing mobile number, won't eMobile have to move the old number onto the new SIM? New number
    * a new SIM has to be activated? As per CSC it has been activated

If 'yes' to any of these does that mean you'll have to wait until eMobile customer services activate the new SIM with your information. I am not sure they can do this instore? Maybe they can start the process at the store. It could be quicker that ringing eMobile. (I switched over to eMobile before Xmas and when I got a new phone & SIM in the post I had to wait a few hours before it became active.)

I have now waited totally 24 hrs, and the phone still not works after 2 calls to customer services. So i will pop to Emobile store today after work, hopefully they can help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I have now waited totally 24 hrs, and the phone still not works after 2 calls to customer services. So i will pop to Emobile store today after work, hopefully they can help.

If this is not resolved at store finnteme let me know. Just PM me the mobile number and PIN.
    Tony

If this is not resolved at store finnteme let me know. Just PM me the mobile number and PIN.
    Tony

Thanks, it was solved in store ab. 5mins.
    The reason was apparently that the courier firm that Emobile used, didnt mark that they had checked my id when they delivered the phone. The guy in the store was able to check my id and i was up and running within 5 mins!

Otherwise im happy, the phone is really good, it was delivered within 24 hrs basicly etc.. Hopefully m future relationship w Emobile will be this good aswell :)

And first problem.. when i was in store, i was told that i need to pay 60 eur deposit to make international calls..which will be credited in my next bill..

called to CS to activate, was told that it was after 6 mths it will be refunded..
    Emobile forum aswell says that it will be credited in next bill...
    http://letstalk.emobile.ie/t5/Roaming/Roaming-and-International-calls/td-p/3810

Ok, went anyway for that, but then a mystic error message appeared to reps screen and she wasnt unable to process the order.. :mad: so now im going to to buy on prepaid card for the weekend and top it up for international calls..
    Extra costs for me..

What is now correct, credited in next bill, or after 6mths? And does my Eircom payment history counts at all, always paying my bills etc?

EDIT

In the Emobile welcome pack it says
    You will need to have paid three bills in full or you will be asked eur 60, which will be offset against your bill..

This is really confusing.. three different storys so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Hi, ordered a new phone, and received it yesterday.. Nokia Lumia 800.
    Inserted the microsim, and got error No service.

Rebooted phone, removed Sim card etc, no effect.

Called to Customer Service, first agent asked me to remove the battery, and try again, and call again.. bye...
    Problem is that this model has an internal battery, that cant be removed..

Called again, got some help, even if it took 45 minutes for conclusion that sim card is faulty, was adviced to go to Emobile shop for Sim card change.

Weird, they are doing the same nonsense with me.

Got new phone and sim card on 11nth April from Emobile, inserted sim, no service, no nothing.

Rang Customer Care, told me it was perfectly normal, as I was porting my Vodafone number, and my sim was in "limbo", that it should be ported in approx. 2 hours. - Nay nothing

Rang again, and was told, could take 24 hours, waited. -Nay nothing

Rang Customer Care again, said all fine, but can take 48 hours, waited yep - Nay nothing.

Rang Customer Care again and was told that Vodafone must be holding up my port, and that there may be a problem with Vodafone. I stated that there wasn't and there couldn't be, that I was out of contract, all paid up etc.etc. and that surely it would be Emobiles problem to let me know if there was an issue with the port, but apparently NO, it seems it was my problem.
    I rang Vodafone and they said everything was fine with my account and that no request for porting had occurred.

Rang Customer Care again and this guy said my sim was faulty (this was 5 mins after the previous call to customer care :confused:)

As it's now 5 days of this .......

Would someone from Emobile, either, port my number, send me a working sim card or fix what ever is the problem.

Im so angry at the mom..
    Now they called me back and told that the technical fault is fixed, and they can add the international calls, but they wont take Laser card on the phone..instead i need to go AGAIN to the Emobile store.

aaarghhhh.....Im really concidering to cancel my account now after this episode..

Im so angry at the mom..
    Now they called me back and told that the technical fault is fixed, and they can add the international calls, but they wont take Laser card on the phone..instead i need to go AGAIN to the Emobile store.

aaarghhhh.....Im really concidering to cancel my account now after this episode..

Hi finnteme

I am happy the technical fault has been resolved but can understand your frustration at having to go back to store again. The agent you spoke with is correct I am afraid, we cannot accept Laser over the phone.
    Sorry I cannot arrange this for you but if you should have any further issue or query let me know and I will chase for you. We are working hard at resolving any customer service issue and I will do my best to push any issue you report to us here.
    I hope that you do get this last action resolved quickly.
    Tony

Hi finnteme

I am happy the technical fault has been resolved but can understand your frustration at having to go back to store again. The agent you spoke with is correct I am afraid, we cannot accept Laser over the phone.
    Sorry I cannot arrange this for you but if you should have any further issue or query let me know and I will chase for you. We are working hard at resolving any customer service issue and I will do my best to push any issue you report to us here.
    I hope that you do get this last action resolved quickly.
    Tony

Howabout answering the question when the deposit is refunded back to my account. (for internationals calls). I think i have 4 different kind of information now (and does the Eircom bill payment history affect at all for this deposit?)

Weird, they are doing the same nonsense with me.

Got new phone and sim card on 11nth April from Emobile, inserted sim, no service, no nothing.

Rang Customer Care, told me it was perfectly normal, as I was porting my Vodafone number, and my sim was in "limbo", that it should be ported in approx. 2 hours. - Nay nothing

Rang again, and was told, could take 24 hours, waited. -Nay nothing

Rang Customer Care again, said all fine, but can take 48 hours, waited yep - Nay nothing.

Rang Customer Care again and was told that Vodafone must be holding up my port, and that there may be a problem with Vodafone. I stated that there wasn't and there couldn't be, that I was out of contract, all paid up etc.etc. and that surely it would be Emobiles problem to let me know if there was an issue with the port, but apparently NO, it seems it was my problem.
    I rang Vodafone and they said everything was fine with my account and that no request for porting had occurred.

Rang Customer Care again and this guy said my sim was faulty (this was 5 mins after the previous call to customer care :confused:)

As it's now 5 days of this .......

Would someone from Emobile, either, port my number, send me a working sim card or fix what ever is the problem.

Hi Zimmerframe
    would you mind PM'ing me your mobile and PIN number and I can check this for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Zimmerframe
    would you mind PM'ing me your mobile and PIN number and I can check this for you.
    Tony

I did a couple of hours ago m8.

Howabout answering the question when the deposit is refunded back to my account. (for internationals calls). I think i have 4 different kind of information now (and does the Eircom bill payment history affect at all for this deposit?)

Hi finnteme
    not sure where the confusion is here and my apologies that you received different answers to this query. This deposit for international calls is not refunded but remains on your account as a credit against your next bill. So providing your next bill is less than €60 you should see no charge. If this is not the case let me know. I hope this adds some clarity here.
    Tony

I did a couple of hours ago m8.

Hi Tom
    yes, have that now, sorry did not see it first time.
    I can definitely see a delay there. Requested on 11/04 and should go through within 24/48 hours. I am chasing this with tech support now and wil be back to you as soon as I can.
    Tony

Thank you! Finally an answer! Maybe you should update the call center workers with this information aswell, and maybe an updated Welcome pack would be handy too with this information :)

Thank you! Finally an answer! Maybe you should update the call center workers with this information aswell, and maybe an updated Welcome pack would be handy too with this information :)

I have certainly passed the fact on to this section finnteme and hope this will be made clear. Thanks.
    Tony

Unbelievable, six days later, no contact, no nothing.

Maybe this is a bit simplistic, but how about this.

An Emobile employee, gets sim card from Emobile drawer.
    Same Emobile employee ports my number to this sim card.
    Emobile employee checks sim card is working, places in envelope and posts to me.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Unbelievable, six days later, no contact, no nothing.

Maybe this is a bit simplistic, but how about this.

An Emobile employee, gets sim card from Emobile drawer.
    Same Emobile employee ports my number to this sim card.
    Emobile employee checks sim card is working, places in envelope and posts to me.

Hi Zimmerframe
    yes proceedure should be straight forward. I have your PM from yesterday and have escalated to tech support. I should hear back later today.
    Tony

Hi Zimmerframe
    yes proceedure should be straight forward.

I guess not.

I realise you are doing your best Tony, but a technical team who in 7 days haven't figured out how to get a perfectly functional brand new phone to operate on your network. :confused:

I guess not.

I realise you are doing your best Tony, but a technical team who in 7 days haven't figured out how to get a perfectly functional brand new phone to operate on your network. :confused:

Hi Zimmerframe
    I did push this through yesterday and I can see that it is in progress. Could you power off and back on phone to see it activates?
    Has coverage been dropping just now, this shows going through.
    Tony

Hi Zimmerframe
    I did push this through yesterday and I can see that it is in progress. Could you power off and back on phone to see it activates?
    Has coverage been dropping just now, this shows going through.
    Tony

Hi Tony.
    What exactly is "in progress" ?
    There is no change in my phone, it's exactly as it was when I first contacted customer care on 11/04.

Coverage is not dropping off, because there never was any.

I have powered on/off the phone umpteen times, makes no difference.

There is nothing wrong with the phone either.

Here's what I'm looking at for the last week : X

imagedwe.jpg

• Advertisement

Or if you prefer, this pretty picture courtesy of Htc.

photoxkm.jpg

Or if you prefer, this pretty picture courtesy of Htc.

photoxkm.jpg

I understand your frustration at this delay; in progress in this case refers to the fact that I can see that the order for activation is going through, I have had this confirmed by tech support, though why it has taken this long I can not explain. I will check this first thing in the morning and if not active then will escalate again.
    I will keep pushing this Zimmerframe and will ensure it activates. Again my apologies for delay.
    Tony

Thanks again for your efforts.
    Unfortunately we are moving backwards. Yesterday Emobile managed to port my Vodafone number to "nowhere" as now my original Vodafone sim is not working, just like my Emobile sim.

My finger tip is now suffering from a repetitive strain injury from powering this phone on/off in the vain hope that it might start working.
    Strangely I also find my wife and I have not become any closer since my decision to port her number to nowhere.

And another bump to the top. :confused:

Thanks again for your efforts.
    Unfortunately we are moving backwards. Yesterday Emobile managed to port my Vodafone number to "nowhere" as now my original Vodafone sim is not working, just like my Emobile sim.

My finger tip is now suffering from a repetitive strain injury from powering this phone on/off in the vain hope that it might start working.
    Strangely I also find my wife and I have not become any closer since my decision to port her number to nowhere.

Hi Zimmerframe
    apologies for the delay, but I was with tech support all morning to see where the issue is here. I can confirm that this has been ported since 17/04 at 15:01 and should have gone through. As it has not gone through would you be able to bring this into an eMobile store???
    I really apologise for this inconvenience and time spent on this, but I have been advised that taking phone into store is necessary in resolving this. It may be a SIM issue.
    Let me know if this is possible.
    Tony

And if its a sim issue, why the hell, didn't they send me out a sim.
    I have already said 20 times that there is nothing wrong with the phone, it works perfectly with any other sim. I will send the wife to Claremorris this evening (35 mile round trip), I assume they have an Emobile sim.

And if its a sim issue, why the hell, didn't they send me out a sim.
    I have already said 20 times that there is nothing wrong with the phone, it works perfectly with any other sim. I will send the wife to Claremorris this evening (35 mile round trip), I assume they have an Emobile sim.

Hi Zimmerframe
    The SIM issue was only discovered today just before my previous post to you. Until then it appeared that the porting was still in process.
    My apologies to yourslef and your wife, 35 mile round trip is a lot, I agree. I hope that replacement SIM does resolve this and I should be able to get a credit agreed for trouble caused you so far.
    Let me know results.
    Tony

Hi Zimmerframe
    The SIM issue was only discovered today.

and there lies the problem.
    It took your technical team 8 days to figure out, what I told them on 11th April, that I had a faulty sim.
    Regardless of any smoke screen re. porting, the temp 085 number should have been active.

Deep intake of breath.

Drove to Claremorris myself to Carphone Warehouse, gave the nice, helpful, friendly lady my full details and she rang Emobile and got to speak to yet another numbskull, who said there was no record of my temp number or my ported number i.e I didn't exist. They never heard of you either Tony, or indeed boards.ie.
    They said it couldn't be done, and that I couldn't get a new sim, without getting a new number and signing a new contract, hence the lady in the shop couldn't give me a new sim.

As I was about to walk away, she offered to try once more and rang again.
    This time she got through to somebody competent, who completed the whole sim exchange process in about 60 seconds.

So basically, I'm sorted now.

Thanks for your help Tony, and thanks to the staff at CPW Claremorris.

and there lies the problem.
    It took your technical team 8 days to figure out, what I told them on 11th April, that I had a faulty sim.
    Regardless of any smoke screen re. porting, the temp 085 number should have been active.

Deep intake of breath.

Drove to Claremorris myself to Carphone Warehouse, gave the nice, helpful, friendly lady my full details and she rang Emobile and got to speak to yet another numbskull, who said there was no record of my temp number or my ported number i.e I didn't exist. They never heard of you either Tony, or indeed boards.ie.
    They said it couldn't be done, and that I couldn't get a new sim, without getting a new number and signing a new contract, hence the lady in the shop couldn't give me a new sim.

As I was about to walk away, she offered to try once more and rang again.
    This time she got through to somebody competent, who completed the whole sim exchange process in about 60 seconds.

So basically, I'm sorted now.

Thanks for your help Tony, and thanks to the staff at CPW Claremorris.

I am happy and relieved to hear that this is finally resolved Zimmerframe.
    I can not explain why the first agent could not find your details, they were and obviously are on our system. I am not surprised they did not know of my presence on Boards as we are a seperate section, however aI wil lbe making sure that your own interaction yesterday evening wil lbe reported.
    Again my apologies for frustration and inconvenience caused yourself and your wife.
    Let me know if any further issue.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I had heard that this happens in CPW all the time Tony. They issue an 085 sim, activate it and initiate a port of an old number to this sim. It never goes through irrespective of the network that the number ports _from_.

Then you gotta go back, get another sim and finish the port onto that.

Look at your processes with CPW again.

Advertisement