Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

probems with tarmac

• 13-04-2012 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have just got tarmac layed on my driveway, and its an absolute disgrace. It seems to have gone all Brown and patchy everywhere. I have contacted the contractor involved and he said that it was virus and would go away. Almost 3 months later and the stains are still there also now lifting in place's. I would really appreciate an informed opinion on the matter as the contractor involved is now ignoring my phonecalls.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

sm kiely wrote: »
    I have just got tarmac layed on my driveway, and its an absolute disgrace. It seems to have gone all Brown and patchy everywhere. I have contacted the contractor involved and he said that it was virus and would go away. Almost 3 months later and the stains are still there also now lifting in place's. I would really appreciate an informed opinion on the matter as the contractor involved is now ignoring my phonecalls.

Sounds like you were done by a cowboy. You should probably contact the National Consumer Agency, they will be able to advise you where you stand. http://www.nca.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sm kiely

Thanks will do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I am willing to bet who ever did your driveway called your door and offered to do the drive way at great deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sm kiely

campo wrote: »
    I am willing to bet who ever did your driveway called your door and offered to do the drive way at great deal

No got it done with a well known Contractors that why l can't believe the way it has come out !! A cowboy would have done a better Job!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

sm kiely wrote: »
    No got it done with a well known Contractors that why l can't believe the way it has come out !! A cowboy would have done a better Job!!!

Really that does suprise me , hope you get a result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

I got Tarmac laid by a well known contractor, it started lifting etc, contractor didn't want to know about it, took him to court, he had to re-lay the driveway.

Advertisement