Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Women don't want to talk to drunks"Fact or fiction?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

I love chatting to drunk people when I've had a few myself. Great entertainment! If I was interested in someone, them being drunk wouldn't bother me unless they were completely wasted.

I hate the attitude that some guys have, when they say all girls are stuck up and full of themselves etc. Just because I girl isn't interested in talking to you or doesn't fancy you doesn't mean she's stuck up.
    Some men think just because they have plucked up the courage to talk to you, that you should be all over them or something.

I was called a snob and all sorts by a guy I talked to ONCE because I went off and had fun with my friends and didn't want to get off with him. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ms. Pingui wrote: »
    I love chatting to drunk people when I've had a few myself. Great entertainment! If I was interested in someone, them being drunk wouldn't bother me unless they were completely wasted.

I hate the attitude that some guys have, when they say all girls are stuck up and full of themselves etc. Just because I girl isn't interested in talking to you or doesn't fancy you doesn't mean she's stuck up.
    Some men think just because they have plucked up the courage to talk to you, that you should be all over them or something.

I was called a snob and all sorts by a guy I talked to ONCE because I went off and had fun with my friends and didn't want to get off with him. :confused:

SNOB!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 stacey25

talking to drunk people when you are not is like talking to a baby

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

Insurgent wrote: »
    SNOB!!

I expected more from you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Ms. Pingui wrote: »

Yep unfortunately a lot of men on AH have a terrible attitude to women and think that seeing as they've made the effort to go up to talk to a girl in a bar, they have a God given right to her attention all night.

Thankfully, most men I know don't have this attitude and it seems to be more of a boards phenomenon.

OP, it depends completely on the guy. If he's falling all over the place being loud and obnoxious then no. If he's drunk but he's good craic, friendly, polite, then there's no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

haminka wrote: »
    Well, having the ability to remember is good craic - for talks afterwards :)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Don't mind - at least I won't be paying your rounds :cool:

haminka wrote: »
    Don't mind - at least I won't be paying your rounds :cool:

My rounds don't need to be paid, they're easy:D.

Now, please stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

[/B]

My rounds don't need to be paid, they're easy:D.

Now, please stop.
    With what you started? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'd have thought anyone would be grand about talking to anyone drunk provided it's not really messy, falling all over the place, incoherent drunk.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

The ONLY person who'll happily talk to a drunk ....is himself .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I always have to laugh when you see some advert for Smirnoff or what not getting censured by the powers that be on the grounds that the ad cannot associate drinking with an increased chance of getting your hole on the grounds that there is apparently no correlation between drunkeness and scoring :pac:

I always have to laugh when you see some advert for Smirnoff or what not getting censured by the powers that be on the grounds that the ad cannot associate drinking with an increased chance of getting your hole on the grounds that there is apparently no correlation between drunkeness and scoring :pac:

A slightly tipsy man can be extremely funny and probably needs the dutch courage. It allows him to be slightly cheeky in a flirty way as opposed to sober and obviously nervous. Annoying drunk, slurring etc are unattractive in both sexes - damn those flashbacks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My theory regarding the corellation between being tipsy and drunk came to the fore again last weekend. We had just won our first championship match of the year and went out for "a few pints" afterwards. While I was in clearly happy form that we had won, I wasn't overly fussed about getting as drunk as the rest of the lads as I had work the next day.

Anyway I did the usual, had a couple of pints and plucked up the courage to get talking to a few women. Getting a long grand with one of them when one of the lads, my eldest cousin, in his "drunken charm" interupted our conversation and saind to her (she was a few years older than me in his defence) "all ye ould wans want is to ride younger lads. Go easy on my cousin". She was mortified and actually went home after her next drink.

Now I'm not saying I would have pulled her and that he broke my balls or whatever, but I will say I've finally discovered the threshold between being tipsy and being drunk and the effect it has on meeting women. And I've also realised why of all my drinking buddies I've been,let's say....the most successful, in recent weeks. Not making a show of myself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Annoying drunk, slurring etc are unattractive in both sexes

+1

If I drunk person male (or female! :D) attempted to chat me up while I was sober I would not be interested.

Now if I was tipsy myself then it would not be so bad :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I LOVE drunk people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackdock88

drunk people are great once you are drunk but when sober there is no more annoying thing!

Advertisement