Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a fruit scone recipe!

Options
  • 13-04-2012 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

I used to make great, tall, fluffy scones. Then, a mere few months later, I lost the gift:( My scones now turn out rather flat. I don't know why!

Does anybody here have a good recipe for tall, fluffy and tasty fruit scones?

Go raibh maith agaibh:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 katopyrgos

I used to make great, tall, fluffy scones. Then, a mere few months later, I lost the gift:( My scones now turn out rather flat. I don't know why!

Does anybody here have a good recipe for tall, fluffy and tasty fruit scones?

Go raibh maith agaibh:)
    Hi Here is a quick recipe that always turns out nice scones. ( my wife loves them).#

1 Lb Cream flour, 4 ounces Marg (any of the spreads you buy but make sure
    it says suitable for baking. 3 ounces caster sugar, 3 ounces Sultanas . Raising agents are 1 teaspoon of breadsoda and 2 teaspoons of cream of
    tartar.

Wetting agent is one beaten egg and milk to make up to 8 fluid ounces.

Method.. Mix flour, raising agents, and sugar well together, rub in nice and fine the Marg/spread the stir in the fruit. Add all the milk/egg mixture. Knead in the bowl until nice and smooth, then take out and knead lightly on floured table top. Roll out with a wooden spoon to a thickness of about an inch, cut out with a two inch cutter , on a baking tray and bake in a hot oven for 15 mins . Ovens vary so keep a weather eye just in case.

Best of baking to you.

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 30 katopyrgos

katopyrgos wrote: »
    Hi Here is a quick recipe that always turns out nice scones. ( my wife loves them).#
    Rolling pin... not wooden spoon. silly me
    1 Lb Cream flour, 4 ounces Marg (any of the spreads you buy but make sure
    it says suitable for baking. 3 ounces caster sugar, 3 ounces Sultanas . Raising agents are 1 teaspoon of breadsoda and 2 teaspoons of cream of
    tartar.

Wetting agent is one beaten egg and milk to make up to 8 fluid ounces.

Method.. Mix flour, raising agents, and sugar well together, rub in nice and fine the Marg/spread the stir in the fruit. Add all the milk/egg mixture. Knead in the bowl until nice and smooth, then take out and knead lightly on floured table top. Roll out with a wooden spoon to a thickness of about an inch, cut out with a two inch cutter , on a baking tray and bake in a hot oven for 15 mins . Ovens vary so keep a weather eye just in case.

Best of baking to you.

Dermot
    Should have said rollin pin not wooden spoon but I m sure you spotted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

look at odlums.ie and put in scones they have nice recipe that turns out lovely. I make them regularly.

Advertisement