Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 3gs replacement back cover

• 13-04-2012 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

looking for a replacement back cover for iphone 3gs, went into a phone shop today not a carphone warehouse type shop, the type that unlock phones and fix them and he said it would cost 89.99 for the back cover, bit dear as i tought it would be 20euro max. is this the rite price or can it be got cheaper and where?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

meath4sam wrote: »
    looking for a replacement back cover for iphone 3gs, went into a phone shop today not a carphone warehouse type shop, the type that unlock phones and fix them and he said it would cost 89.99 for the back cover, bit dear as i tought it would be 20euro max. is this the rite price or can it be got cheaper and where?
    Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

€60 HERE to have it replaced or if you can do it yourself €10.95 for the iPhone 3GS black replacement back cover housing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's 50 euro to get it done on irepair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

The problem with replacing the back cover is that you have to take apart literally every component as they are all attached to the back. Hence the 89.99 charge, mostly due to labour. You can try replace it yourself with a new back from ebay or somewhere similar but you run a high risk of bricking it. Recently destroyed a friends ipod 4G trying to replace the screen.

Fixed the screen of my 3GS before and it was a piece of cake, but on the new ipods you have to take everything apart to release one of the connectors and I ended up ripping one of the ribbon cables. Followed by a very awkward conversation.

Advertisement