Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst thing the happen to you on Friday the 13th

• 13-04-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

A few years ago i was lifting pallets and dropped one on my toe, Couldnt play sport for a month

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This is what I don't get. It's a day. Like any other day. Just people like to assume "oh it's as a result of Friday the 13th" is a cause of someone having an accident or losing their job.

What happened to me today? I got up and went to work. I don't really keep a diary that recounts what happened to me that fateful Friday the 13th.

Oh wait except that one where some guy in a hockey mask killed all my family. That sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

that someone reminded me it's Friday 13th and then starting going on about the bad luck that happens on that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

I was born on Friday 13th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I didn't get paid. Then again, I get paid at the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I was born on Friday 13th

I was gonna say happy birthday but then I realised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Years ago, it was a lovely sunny day, must've been during the summer. A few of us deciding to go stay in a cabin by a lake we'd heard about it. Actually, it might've been spring or autumn as the place seemed deserted and it got pretty stormy pretty quickly.

I had a weird feeling about the place though, and even before we arrived this crazy local guy started saying the place was cursed or something when we stopped to ask for directions.

But we got there and had a nice time: we hung around by the lake for a while just chilling, then we stayed inside, had a bit of craic.

But then people started disappearing. We didn't think much of it at first, thinking it was just two of my horniest friends popping out for a little how's-your-father.

But one by one my friends kept vanishing, and it became very obvious that someone was killing them!

Pretty soon it was just me left and I was sure the killer was after me. Sure enough she confronted me: it turned out she was the mother of some kid who'd drowned there in the past when it was a summer camp! Obviously I was terrified but I ran from her and eventually I was able to turn the tables and kill her, though I barely felt in control of myself. Exhausted, I passed out in a boat and was found the next day by the police. I woke up a few days later in hospital after a horrible nightmare.

It was the weirdest Friday 13th ever. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

gambled on a fart and lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Having a heart attack and dying while furiously masturbating with various but enormous objects jammed up your arse.

Good thing my heart is in good nick :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I dont think I've ever had worse luck than a normal day on Friday the 13th. I mean there are lucky days and bad days. Everyone cant be unlucky today. I just dont believe in it.

After saying that I'll surely get killed or something today :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I dropped a sofa on a cat. It was a write off so I stood in it's head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

phasers wrote: »
    I dropped a sofa on a cat. It was a write off so I stood in it's head.

Musta been a pretty big cat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I became a superstitious twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I didnt even notice it was today until you said it ya fucker :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

You could be arrested on the orders of King Philip IV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I got badly sunburnt today, meh, knew something bad would happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Superstitious = moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

OMG I did not know, I am going back to bed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Abi wrote: »
    Superstitious = moron.

not respecting other peoples beliefs = moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Failed a driving test

Several things that happened on that day that could be considered once off/unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

puncture this morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tripe man

I was discriminated against on my way home from work, a woman passed me and under her breath muttered "ugly". Damn this blatant misandry to hell!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Stinicker wrote: »
    Thinking strange, juvenile illogical beliefs automatically deserve respect just because they are personal beliefs = Moron.
    BTW You dont respect the posters belief that superstitious people are morons;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Thinking strange, juvenile illogical beliefs automatically deserve respect just because they are personal beliefs = Moron.
    BTW You dont respect the posters belief that superstitious people are morons;)

INFINITE LOOOOOOOOOP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

woke up with a stomach ache which evolved into a headache. staying in bed just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I had brain surgery on this day, not superstitious though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

broke my leg in three places the last friday the 13th. I'm not superstitous at all but every person i met in the hospital told me it was the curse of friday the thirteenth:rolleyes: to me it was just the day i decided to fall down the stairs of a club after a few too many:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Worst thing the happen to you on Friday the 13th

that people keep telling me its friday the 13th... thats about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I just discovered its friday the 13th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I got up one friday13th and there was this weird background music in the air, then I learned later some of my friends were slashed to death, yes slashed to death I tell you. But on a positive note I got to see my friends Jamie's breasts, niceeee so it was a lucky day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

...nothing because I use my noggin! That's right you dare devils, I lock myself in my house every time it comes around and ignore the phone and doorbell. I shouldn't even be on the internet now.

After finding out that my friends sister has been taken to hospital and has herpes and thrush in her mouth.

After finding out that my friends sister has been taken to hospital and has herpes and thrush in her mouth.

Do you think that happened because it's Friday 13th?

No i just thought it was random.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

she sounds a bit randomy

Unfortunately I don't think you usually get herpes in your mouth at random! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Stinicker wrote: »
    Superstitious = moron.

Beliefs?

I'm just going to assume you were dropped on your head as a baby and we'll leave it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

After having tests I was given the all clear. Then on a friday 13th I got a call from the doctor saying they had made a mistake. Now that is fcuking freaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Was exposed to a tweet from Jedward, on a background picturing Jedward, by someone who thought it was the funniest tweet ever. Made me sick to my stomach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

found a tenner today. crisp tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

miralize wrote: »
    found a tenner today. crisp tenner.
    Are they like chocolate coins?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Superstitious = moron.

Bit harsh on yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Where To wrote: »
    Are they like chocolate coins?

you know those tenners you get from the bank? They have no creases, no blood (or any other bodily fluid for that matter) on them. Monetary perfection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

miralize wrote: »
    you know those tenners you get from the bank? They have no creases, no blood (or any other bodily fluid for that matter) on them. Monetary perfection.

You, good sir, should tell us more about it.
    Maybe it is crisp so that it gives you a paper cut and you bleed to death?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Meh...I have a cold today.

I note that there are three, yes three, Friday 13th this year. January, April and July.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

This has been one c**t of a day. Only 22 minutes of it left. Thank f**k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Car accident when i was 15

A woman having a driving lesson pulled out infront of us abruptly on a busy road
    We ploughed straight into her and the car on my side was crushed up
    My neck was slashed to just my chest from the seatbelt and my whole torso was completely bruised
    One of my knees was swollen aswell!

Ive been a bit freaked out by it since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Car accident when i was 15

A woman having a driving lesson pulled out infront of us abruptly on a busy road
    We ploughed straight into her and the car on my side was crushed up
    My neck was slashed to just my chest from the seatbelt and my who torse was completely bruised
    One of my knees was swollen aswell!

Ive been a bit freaked out by it since!

I was in a car accident today and I don't even drive. I was getting a taxi home and turning into my estate another car drove into the passenger side. I had my belt on thankfully but still got a fair old whack for my troubles!

Funny thing is that i decided a few weeks ago to learn how to drive but this has turned me right off it. I'm going back to driving on my Playstation, its a lot safer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

unkymo wrote: »
    I was in a car accident today and I don't even drive. I was getting a taxi home and turning into my estate another car drove into the passenger side. I had my belt on thankfully but still got a fair old whack for my troubles!

Funny thing is that i decided a few weeks ago to learn how to drive but this has turned me right off it. I'm going back to driving on my Playstation, its a lot safer!

its a scary experienc, hope you are ok!
    i was trapped in a&e for ages!!

give it time and you will want to drive again!

i still need to take proper lessons

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Meh...I have a cold today.

I note that there are three, yes three, Friday 13th this year. January, April and July.:eek:

It's just getting ridiculous they way they knock out cheap quick sequels in these horror franchises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Found out my car was previously crashed.

Just logged in to say this, it could've been any day of the year to be honest. :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement