Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do, pension

Options
  • 13-04-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some guidance and opinions.

I have some executive pensions (sounds fancy but value not that high). I have been putting my profit in for the last 7 years and have seen the figures dwindle away. Last year I took the cash and paid the tax. What would you do now, paying the tax is a killer and as I only got 4% on deposit this is not great but at least I still have some rather than it going into a black hole.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭homer911

Savings Bonds or Certificates? Investment in a secure fund such as a Cash Fund?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

By any chance did you take the money out in the second half of last year? If so, you couldn't have picked a worse time, the stock market has bounced back big time since last year.

Advertisement