Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Investigation launched after shooting at farm in Swords

• 13-04-2012 1:10pm

A man suffered gunshot wounds and is being treated in Beaumont Hospital for non life-threatening injuries.

The scene at the Maryland farm in Kilsallaghan is being preserved and a silver Lexus car is being forensically examined.
    No arrests have been made.

The owner of the farm was on holidays and his house was unoccupied at the time, but when his son called over at around 3.30pm yesterday he noticed the house had been burgled.

A silver Lexus then took off down the side of the farm but got stuck in the fields and words were exchanged between the driver and the farmer's son.
    A BMW X5 then arrived and the driver of the Lexus got in.

However, a shot was fired as the two men drove off.
    At around 9pm last night a man was admitted to the Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda, Co Louth, with gunshot wounds.

He was transferred to Beaumont where he is still being treated.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0413/investigation-onto-swords-farm-shooting.html

I say fair play to the son, pity he didn't finish off the scumbags...!!

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Hopefully the f***** will die of lead poisoning in years to come. Pity the son wasn't equipped with an AR -15 rifle with hollow point bullets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭baldbear

I wonder how much compo the robber will receive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

wheres does it say anything about "swords" ?

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Huh? In the title...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

kilshallaghan is in swords

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

In the title.

A lexus and a BMW x5? Wow these poor disadvantaged people must be struggling to put food on the table and are left with no choice but to burgle and steal.

If you don't agree with me you're a massive racist, or something.

kilshallaghan is in swords
    Biggins wrote: »
    In the title.

It's actually in Co. Meath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

and douglas in in the isle of mann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

brave man. they know where he lives afterall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

and douglas in in the isle of mann
    He is ? I was wondering where he had sneaked off to .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't know the full story behind it, or the circumstances in which it happened; but I feel that they should all be pelted with balls of shite until dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

In before the "Won't someone think of the poor criminals" brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

johngalway wrote: »
    In before the "Won't someone think of the poor criminals" brigade.
    Indeed ...like the evil fcuker who did this .

Understandable to see why some want the death penalty introduced .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It's in Fingal.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    It's in Fingal.

still not swords

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

I think the right to defend your life and your property are different from the death penalty(which to me would be preferable to life in prison anyway).

If someone entered my home with bad intentions I would love to shoot them in the face. If they get caught I think the sentence should be a minimum of ten years before parole. Entering somebody's home is a horrible crime, it often has disastrous long-term consequences for the family involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

forfuxsake wrote: »
    I think the right to defend your life and your property are different from the death penalty(which to me would be preferable to life in prison anyway).

If someone entered my home with bad intentions I would love to shoot them in the face. If they get caught I think the sentence should be a minimum of ten years before parole. Entering somebody's home is a horrible crime, it often has disastrous long-term consequences for the family involved.

isnt' that what the new legislation is for , you can defend yourself if someone breaks but it must be reasonable , you can't show someone if they run away if you confront them in the act of robbing your house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Normally I;'d be all for letting the cops sort it out, but I must admit I'm glad the cunt got shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Is it certain it was a robber that was shot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

A lexus and a BMW x5? Wow these poor disadvantaged people must be struggling to put food on the table and are left with no choice but to burgle and steal.

If you don't agree with me you're a massive racist, or something.

Do you reckon these poor disadvantaged people used their own cars? They probably 'borrowed' them;)

Meath = county

Fingal = Not a county (no matter what they think):D

Rte news have spoken to the alleged shot man. He claims his van broke down and the owner of the house made him tae and rang a taxi for him & his mother to get back to finglas. He returned later to thank the man for his kindness but the mans son was there with a gun. He then rang his brother in another car to come and help him.He legged it because he was scared. I don't believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

baldbear wrote: »
    Rte news have spoken to the alleged shot man. He claims his van broke down and the owner of the house made him tae and rang a taxi for him & his mother to get back to finglas. He returned later to thank the man for his kindness but the mans son was there with a gun. He then rang his brother in another car to come and help him.He legged it because he was scared. I don't believe it.
    probably has a funny way of thanking people who help him. I've met a few like that over the years....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 slapstick

compo claim probably coming this scumbags way.
    years back my folks bought a country pub and decided a shotgun would be useful considering the remote location of the place. whilst discussing obtaining a licence for the gun with a local cop who used to drink in the pub my folks were advised that if any cnut did break in the best thing to do is shoot the bastard on sight, don`t give him a chance to turn lo leave first as shooting him in the back would leave them in a sticky situation. "shoot him to kill and then fire a second shot into the ceiling" was his advice, "you fired a warning shot first and it didn`t deter him from coming at you"
    sound advice i`ve always thought and i wouldn`t hesitate implementing it should the situation ever arise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭cml387

baldbear wrote: »

And RTE also say that the 34 year old who was shot is well known to Gardai and has numerous theft convictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

The son should get a medal, not a prosecution:)

And RTE also say that the 34 year old who was shot is well known to Gardai and has numerous theft convictions.[/Quote]
    Sounds like the scumbage cased the house out,fooled the farmer into helping him and came back to rob. pure tramp. Pity he wasnt shot in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig

slow news day........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

cml387 wrote: »
    And RTE also say that the 34 year old who was shot is well known to Gardai and has numerous theft convictions.

....you forget to mention that he is also 'currently on bail'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Eh it's in Louth

Advertisement