Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newbie C&C welcom

• 13-04-2012 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I am new to photographry can ye give me any Hints,Tips anything at all

7071962983_bd8d779c91_z.jpg

6925880950_7f302c4bbc_z.jpg

7071955565_42b7c5d92e_z.jpg

6925875318_8e24485d46_z.jpg

6925847066_45012dd0d3_z.jpg

7071927395_2e97b33454_z.jpg

6925842808_f2ff025650_z.jpg

6925840894_e459baf905_z.jpg

6925830244_1471d4b435_z.jpg

6925825986_69a15fe5ce_z.jpg

6925809028_6cf0777342_z.jpg

7071864367_2dee9ce2e6_z.jpg

4149256361_116124bb89_z.jpg

Cheers All
    Thank You for Looking and any advice is most welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Crop and Straighten come to mind immediately.. Crop any distractions like the telegraph pole in pic 5 and the cage in pic 1 - and you really need to straighten up the wonky shots, also, its a shame that lovely bird in pic 1 is missing the tip of its tail, small things really make all the difference.
    You would do well to stick around this forum - its made such a difference to my pics, and you get great constructive advice and also a lot of inspiration from others here, in fact finding this forum has been the best thing I ever did as a complete amateur myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Agree with previous post, especially about bird's tail in first pic. Pity too he wasn't facing you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

On #3 and #4, you did well. On #3, standing more to your left would have put a cleaner background in the photo, and That's not easy as these birds don't file flight plans :-) be prepared to re-shoot the same bird a few times if you spot something like that. Keep watching, as you will pick up patterns in where they fly.

on #4, Very nice, but a bit underexposed. Not blowing out the sky is important, but it's just as important to get a good exposure on your primary subject.

Hope this helps!
    Merv.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Welcome to the forum. 1st thing I'd say is post less photos in a single thread if you want C&C. There are far too many and none of them are related to each other.

Pic 1. Subject has it's back to you and you really need to capture the eyes. The bird is also too central in the shot - try keeping him to one side preferably looking into the frame. Crop that annoying white sign out on the right. Oh, and don't forget the tail.

Pic 2. Again subject is dead centre and the image is flat and uninteresting. Either get in closer and concentrate on the centre of the flower or just crop out the surrounding green.

Pic 3. Subject dead centre again with far too much distraction in the background. Crop right into the owl and you could have a good image with a strong diagonal line of the wings.

Pic 4. Best of the bunch but could be improved by cropping some of the rocks on the right and giving the bird more room in the frame to fly into. Nice shot though and you can see how much better it is than the previous one with no background distractions.

Pic 5. Lose the pole and the wires and you have a nice scene. Difficult to balance exposure between a bright sky and the ground in shadow but good effort.

Pic 6. Too mush messy stuff going on. Wires, poles, the tree branch sticking into the balloon. Very difficult to shoot into the sun and TBH there probably isn't a shot here.

Pic 7. Not sure what's going on in the fire shot, but I'm seeing lots of criss cross lines - a fire screen I suspect? Anyway it's an uninteresting shot with no focal point but nicely exposed.

Pic 8. Straighten the shot and crop out the dead space above the lamp. Lose the shadow of the ariel on the wall. The blue bird thingy is completely overexposed in the highlights so be careful when shooting things in strong sunlight.

Pic 9. There is a shot to be had here. The red tractor is quite strong as is the big tree. In fact there is probably two shots in this scene. The house is cut off too suddenly which affects the balance of the shot. It's nicely exposed but a little work on darkening the sky would improve it.

Pic 10. Completely blown exposure with no clear subject. Are you shooting the water and rushes or the town? The sky is flat so to improve the shot try tilting your camera down and capturing less of the sky.

Pic 11. Swans, nuff said! Next thing is you'll be posting HDR's. Seriously though it's a nice attempt at framing and unlike the shot above, you've correctly excluded the sky. Them bloody swans are dead centre though and dead centre doesn't usually work.

Pic 12. Has the makings of a good image with a story to tell. Drink, smoke and guitar music. The big grey arm in the bottom right corner is a distraction so I'd crop it out or even better, check whats in your viewfinder before pressing the shutter. I'm thinking you could probably have moved one step to the left and made a better shot.

Pic 13. After all that typing I need one of these :) Nicely exposed shot but two rarely works. Take a shot of one or three pints. With two your eye jumps from one to the other wondering which one is the subject. Odd numbers are better.

Keep up the good work and keep posting.

Advertisement