Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little shop of horrors

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Are there still tickets available for Sunday night?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Yes, but the box office is closed today (Good Friday), opens again tomorrow :D

It's gonna be a cracking show, might see ya there Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭KKMusicalSoc

Even though the box office is closed today you can still book online on the Watergate website, www.watergatetheatre.com.

Part of ticket sales for Sunday night are going to the St. Vincent de Paul so would be something both enjoyable and charitable for people to do on Easter Sunday!

We've been rehearsing in the theatre for the last few nights, the set is absolutely brilliant! And the man-eating plant is HUGE! It's going to be a great show. 3 of the lead parts are played by award-nominated performers (Kevin Reade, Kevina Hayes and Brendan Corcoran) so with that sort of talent right on your doorstep it's definitely a great way to spend a night. Hope as many come along as possible!

Sorry, I also should have said that we are running a facebook competition to win 2 tickets to the show- all you have to do is like and share our video to enter the draw.

The video will also give you a sneak preview of the show so it's worth checking out! Competition closes tomorrow!

Link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150648735512898

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That was awesome.

A big well done to everyone involved, really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement

Ah delighted to hear that- we need to put a few more bums on seats so it's great to get such positive feedback- word of mouth is probably the best publicity you can get!

There was such a positive response after it- we were over in Cleere's and anyone we met who was at it couldn't speak more highly about it. Can't wait to get back out there for the rest of the week!

Thanks again and so glad you enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Did anyone go to the little shop of horrors?

any good?

Bowlardo wrote: »

any good?

As I said above, totally worth going to, I've been raving about it all week to my friends.

If you want to have a sneak peek of what the show is about, have a look at these photos (not sure if you have to be on facebook to be able to see them!)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10150638612406493&type=1

You can also have a look on our facebook page to see all the great reviews it's been getting! Plus a few other funny bits and pieces- which will actually make way more sense after you've seen the show!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kilkennymusicalsociety/

We're having so much fun doing it and I really think that's coming across on the stage- the audience reactions are brilliant, hearing the laughter coming from the seats is really great after all our hard work. Another standing ovation last night.

Only 2 nights left so we hope those who haven't gone yet but had been thinking about it will come. Personally I'm not in the show a whole lot this year so I have the pleasure of getting to watch most of it on televisions backstage every night and it really is genuinely a great, really funny (yet sweet at times!) show- so get thee to the Watergate tonight or tomorrow night, well worth it!!

any good?

Also went on the opening night - travelled down from Dublin to see it :D
    Fantastic show, well worth the trip, especially to see the 'loving' father & son routine by Seymour & Mushnik

• Advertisement

went last night. excellent show some production. how they hell did the work that plant? class

went last night. excellent show some production. how they hell did the work that plant? class

Which phase of the plant?

It was very very well done and I really hope the audience picked up after the opening night for the cast & crew!

Which phase of the plant?

It was very very well done and I really hope the audience picked up after the opening night for the cast & crew!

The middle plant.
    Obviously the first time the plant was a hand puppet but I could not for the life of me figure out how the middle plant worked. not big enough to have some one in it

The middle plant.
    Obviously the first time the plant was a hand puppet but I could not for the life of me figure out how the middle plant worked. not big enough to have some one in it

There was - they were sitting cross-legged on the bin!

Hi Bowlardo,

There were 4 plants in total- the first was simply a small one in a pot, the second was the hand puppet and the third one had someone inside it (the same person that actually made the first 3 plants). He sat cross-legged on a big plant pot dressed in camouflage (in greens and browns to blend in) with the main part of the plant over his head and he operated it with his hands. He had to sit very still until he started to "talk" eventually in the scene. Personally I thought it was amazing to see him in action because he was just perfectly in sync with the person who did the voice of the plant.

The fourth plant (the one we hired and was about 10 feet tall!) was operated by a system of levers/pullys and simply pulling the people through as they were eaten by the plant! Needless to say there were a few bruises on our leading men and leading lady by the end of the week!

We had an absolute ball last week and are thrilled with the feedback we've been getting. We've a lot of fundraising to do to make up for the poor box office sales from earlier in the week but with the enthusiasm that's in the society I've no doubt we'll do it.

Kilkenny Musical Society will celebrate it's 40th anniversary next year so it's going to a very exciting year ahead!

Thanks to all who came to the show and we can't wait to bring our next production to our supporters, both old and new. Although, major recovery after our celebrations are needed first!! :D:D:D

Advertisement