Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop help

• 13-04-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi all
    I need some help with my laptop

When I turn on my laptop and try and go online firefox will open and but then the screen freezes and the laptop will stop working, if i press ctrl+alt+del a black screen that says the function is not working please press escape or reset the laptop. When I try to reset the laptop the laptop does not reset and stays on the frozen screen, if i try and turn it off it either stays on the desktop screen or goes to logging off and stay there.
    When I force shutdown the laptop and turn it back on, it works grand and without a problem.
    The problem occurs every second time I turn on the laptop. I have deleted firefox and re installed it but the problem still occurs.
    But I do notice that when i disable the wi-fi on my laptop and turn it on its works all the time.

The only good thing is I have not seen (yet) the blue screen of death

Does anyone know what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Delete the folder called system 32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

have you tried turning off and back on again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

wrong forum

try Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Paparazzo wrote: »

Yeah, I was just coming to post the same, OP. Its a really common error. Just delete that and you should be sorted then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Blast it with piss. That generally helps I find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Howlin

Paparazzo wrote: »

No I'm not the best on laptops but I'm not the worst either and I know what happens what you do that
    have you tried turning off and back on afainb

what is afainb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Blast it with piss. That generally helps I find

I prefer to kick it in the face myself. usually works too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Howlin wrote: »

what is afainb?
    It should be in your windows folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is the forum you're looking for
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=907