Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What women want

• 13-04-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Howlin

Hi

I have heard from different women, that some of them would like an experienced man who can take charge while others would like an inexperienced man so they can mold him into what they would like the best.

For you would you rather an experienced or an inexperienced or a combination of both?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i am going to start another thread titled "what's the meaning of life?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

smash wrote: »
    Me!

Thread/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Women change their mind, OFTEN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

There's a good documentary which addresses these issues featuring Mel Gibson you should check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

the moon on a stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Whatever we can't have.

Simples :D

They want strength and mainly men who other men regard as strong, physically, economically etc etc.

That was according to some Pick up artist instructor who wrote an article in the times.

I think SHE is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackdock88

us women have no idea what we want. worse still when we say we know, we don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

How to confuse a woman, buy her a pair of chocolate shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

If only I fcukin' knew! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Too ****ing much :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

How long is a piece of string?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

bronte wrote: »

12 inches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

couple of painkillers right now would be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Women spent almost all of their single life looking for the perfect man. Then when they get the ring on his finger, the first thing the do is try to change him into something else.

FACT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackdock88

well this is really taking off. i can tell you all that I want none of the above!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

Anal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Howlin wrote: »
    Hi

I have heard from different women, that some of them would like an experienced man who can take charge while others would like an inexperienced man so they can mold him into what they would like the best.

For you would you rather an experienced or an inexperienced or a combination of both?
    If you need to change someone you're not with the right person.

• Advertisement

Its easier to know what women don't want and work from there.

But one advice I will give to all you men which will add to the quality of your life in orders of magnitude.

THE WOMAN IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

For dicks to taste like chocolate.

Also, backrubs and new shoes when we're having our 'monthly womanly time'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

I prefer a dominant man or a submissive woman. Preferably both.

SheFiend wrote: »
    I prefer a dominant man or a submissive woman. Preferably both.

OK I am interested, please start your very own thread and greatly elaborate, pics would be great as well.

Let me go off and consult with the hive mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aquila wrote: »
    Well according to my extensive research on the internetz a big facial:pac:
    Which makes me lol when I read about how they can get a facial for €29... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

A man with a chocolate díck that can spunk money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

bronte wrote: »

If it's a g-string, then it depends how curvy your lady is. I love larger ladies. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Raekwon wrote: »

You saw that card too?

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    Let me go off and consult with the hive mind.

You'd make a great submissive woman for her! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Women love lots of generalisations being made about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Raekwon wrote: »

Tell it how it is Chef!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

We are just greedy creatures really, we want it all.

Speaking on behalf of half of humanity etc.

jaja321 wrote: »
    Women love lots of generalisations being made about them
    Not as much as they love making sandwiches!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

smash wrote: »
    Not as much as they love making sandwiches!

Oh you old charmer you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Aquila wrote: »
    Well according to my extensive research on the internetz a big facial:pac:
    This

Women change their mind, OFTEN!
    All the time ie , they will ask you how well they look in this dress and after telling them 5 or 6 times '' hey.. you look fab '' they then change into another one :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Well according to that other thread, we don't like drunkards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tripe man

The answer: A male with higher social status than she herself possesses.

The problem lies with the fact that in this country the status of males has been downgraded while the status of woman upgraded, leaving average women only desiring well above average males (top 20%).

tripe man wrote: »

The problem lies with the fact that in this country the status of males has been downgraded while the status of woman upgraded, leaving average women only desiring well above average males (top 20%).

you really do talk tripe, tripe man

But if you act like an asshole they'll also want you. Or if you seem 'broken' they'll want to fix you.

bitches be crazy!

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    you really do talk tripe, tripe man

Just spreading truth in a world of misandric lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

the fact that in this country the status of males has been downgraded while the status of woman upgraded

Explain please ......

aquaman wrote: »
    Explain please ......

Tripe like this is being spread at an alarming rate:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/60704/200301.jpg

People don't even realize it, but we are being bombarded with subliminal misandric messages daily in the media/advertisements. The message is this: Women are goddesses and men are scum (unless they're handsome).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

People don't even realize it, but we are being bombarded with subliminal misandric messages daily in the media/advertisements. The message is this: Women are goddesses and men are scum (unless they're handsome).

No it says mums make better parents than dads because the home is the only place where the woman excedes the man.

Or take whatever else from it what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

We're not being bombarded with such messages, but even if we were, there'd be no cause for concern as subliminal messages have been proven not to work time and again.

This idea that society is not allowing men to act in a stereotypically masculine manner is complete nonsense. It's a myth perpetuated by men who buy into extreme and outdated conceptions of masculinity and feel insecure when they feel that they and men in general aren't living up to these ideals.
    I don't see any general trend of women being portrayed as better than men, apart from a few ads the majority of people hate.

I find such men generally have low self-esteem and adopt a pre-emptively defensive attitude towards women due to fear of being rejected by them, and find excuses for why women would reject them before it happens.
    This leads such men to be angry misogynists, which makes them unattractive to women and thus fulfills the prophecy.

Don't allow yourself to be led astray by such men, tripe man.
    The average woman will not refuse to settle for anything less than a gorgeous model.
    Charm, confidence and intelligence will take you very far.

WindSock wrote: »
    No it says mums make better parents than dads because the home is the only place where the woman excedes the man.

Or take whatever else from it what you will.

I'm glad you've given it some deep and biased thought, but most people won't.

Most will take the message as it's given "Mums (women) are like dads (men) but smarter!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I'm glad you've given it some deep and biased thought, but most people won't.

Most will take the message as it's given "Mums (women) are like dads (men) but smarter!".

Not all women and men are mums and dads so it is not saying women are smarter than men, it is saying mums are smarter than dads. So you're the one that's biased but at least we can both agree the ad is a load of....trolly tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

They want a handsome ( but not too handsome), rich ( but down to earth) sensitive ( but not wussy) intelligent ( but not a scientific genius) strong (but not bodybuilder) tall ( but not lanky) rugged in a (schoolboyish way) man who can cook, fix things, play music, do the garden and clean.

When they find me they BETTER make me a f**kin amazing sandwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Howlin wrote: »
    Hi

'I like it when you're masterful.....ye know....dominatin like.....NOT NOW YE FUCKEN EEJIT....when I'm in the mood, later.'

We're not being bombarded with such messages, but even if we were, there'd be no cause for concern as subliminal messages have been proven not to work time and again.

I strongly disagree with both points. Source?
    This idea that society is not allowing men to act in a stereotypically masculine manner is complete nonsense. It's a myth perpetuated by men who buy into extreme and outdated conceptions of masculinity and feel insecure when they feel that they and men in general aren't living up to these ideals.

I don't want to act in a stereotypically masculine manner. I just want equality with women, which men in this country do not have, especially in the dating arena where most of us are treated like scum.
    I find such men generally have low self-esteem and adopt a pre-emptively defensive attitude towards women due to fear of being rejected by them, and find excuses for why women would reject them before it happens.
    This leads such men to be angry misogynists, which makes them unattractive to women and thus fulfills the prophecy.

On POF and OKcupid, I've sent HUNDREDS of messages out to women, some of them DISGUSTING looking, and I get barely any replies. When I do get a reply, the woman stops responding two or so messages in to the convo for no apparent reason at all.
    Charm, confidence and intelligence will take you very far.

Tripe to the nth degree and my previous paragraph proves it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement