Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What women want

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

tripe man wrote: »

On POF and OKcupid, I've sent HUNDREDS of messages out to women, some of them DISGUSTING looking, and I get barely any replies. When I do get a reply, the woman stops responding two or so messages in to the convo for no apparent reason at all.
    can't understand that at all.

btw why would you want to date people you don't find attractive?

stop fcuking calling women disgusting and get the fcuk over yourself and you might get somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sudsy86

Im my oppinion "Woman wants what you can't give them" if you work hard to give her what she wants then she has the lovely feeling that she has some how helped you to improve yourself and at the same time she gets what she wants...Win Win for her...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Not one poster has posted "bitches be crazy" yet. I'm very disappointed with AH today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I strongly disagree with both points. Source?

There's an interesting article here about the early uses of subliminal advertising and its lack of effectiveness. Of course there are plenty of biased studies suggesting it works.
    As for the existence of such messages, the burden of proof is on you to prove they exist.

On POF and OKcupid, I've sent HUNDREDS of messages out to women, some of them DISGUSTING looking, and I get barely any replies. When I do get a reply, the woman stops responding two or so messages in to the convo for no apparent reason at all.

Obviously I haven't seen the messages, but if you're calling these women "disgusting" in block capitals before you've talked to them, I assume you have a prejudiced negative attitude towards them and this would come across in your messages.

It all depends on what you say and how you say it.

I wouldn't consider myself very attractive or charming, and I wouldn't consider myself Casanova either, but I'm able to converse with women and generally don't find I repulse too many of them simply because I'm somewhat confident (not too much) and when I do talk to a woman I do it in a natural, casual fashion without any pre-existing anger towards them.

Unfortunately you seem to be a little like the men I described earlier: angry against women before you meet them, and I'd imagine this comes across in your interactions with them.

I'd recommend not talking to women any differently than you'd talk to men. They're people at the end of the day, not scary monsters, and most of them are normal, nice people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tripe man

Babybuff wrote: »

Because men have a biological and innate need to procreate they will take whatever option is available to him which in this country is very, very little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Because men have a biological and innate need to procreate they will take whatever option is available to him which in this country is very, very little.

Angry fellow, aren't you?

Nodin wrote: »
    Angry fellow, aren't you?

Wouldn't you be angry if you were robbed of your god-given right to a decent woman, oh wait, like most Irish men you're not and that's why the misandry continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Wouldn't you be angry if you were robbed of your god-given right to a decent woman, oh wait, like most Irish men you're not and that's why the misandry continues.

I had no idea that we had a "god-given right" to any woman, let alone a decent one.

I presume you're taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

WindSock wrote: »
    Not all women and men are mums and dads so it is not saying women are smarter than men, it is saying mums are smarter than dads. So you're the one that's biased but at least we can both agree the ad is a load of....trolly tripe.

Edit. nm.

Grayson wrote: »
    (Paraphrasing since you edited out your earlier post and I forgot what is specifically said) Am I the only ones who finds this argument deluded and nonsensical?

Nope. But people are so conditioned to deny misandry they'll come up with various illogical forms of babble to excuse it.

I don't believe he's talking about dating as opposed to sleeping with them.

And the reason he sleeps with them (or tries to) is well... just because.

And if you don't get that, you don't understand the male of the species that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sudsy86

I strongly disagree with both points. Source?

I don't want to act in a stereotypically masculine manner. I just want equality with women, which men in this country do not have, especially in the dating arena where most of us are treated like scum.

Tripe to the nth degree and my previous paragraph proves it.

!!!!!Troll Alert!!!!!

Grayson wrote: »
    I don't believe he's talking about dating as opposed to sleeping with them.

And the reason he sleeps with them (or tries to) is well... just because.

And if you don't get that, you don't understand the male of the species that well.

Tripedy tripedy tripe tripe, once again. I'm not interested in casual sex (which plays a big part in causing misandry) I'm just looking for a woman to share the rest of my life with.

No-one has a god-given right to a woman. They're not objects to be given to men. You say you want equality with women but nonsense like this strongly suggests you don't see them as equals.

I don't like to make assumptions about posters, but I get the impression you've had some bad experiences with women in the past.
    I'm sorry if that's the case, but you need to let it go, as it seems to be colouring your attitudes towards women.
    You're seeing women as objects to be given to men, and you're assuming they're going to reject you before it happens and blaming them for it.
    That's not going to help you find a woman to enjoy a healthy relationship with.

Try to see women as equals and interact with them accordingly.

If you haven't had any bad previous experiences forgive my assumption, but I really hope no man could develop such an attitude based entirely on their own reasoning and without any negative influence.

• Advertisement

Sudsy86 wrote: »
    !!!!!Troll Alert!!!!!

I wish!

I've encountered this user in many incarnations before (I'm pretty sure his last profile wasn't banned, so I don't know why he's re-regged).

He seems to genuinely have some serious issues with women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

'' The female of the species is more deadly than the male ''

Right on Bro ;)

(tongue in cheek btw )

I wish he were a troll

No-one has a god-given right to a woman. They're not objects to be given to men. You say you want equality with women but nonsense like this strongly suggests you don't see them as equals.

I don't like to make assumptions about posters, but I get the impression you've had some bad experiences with women in the past.
    I'm sorry if that's the case, but you need to let it go, as it seems to be colouring your attitudes towards women.
    You're seeing women as objects to be given to men, and you're assuming they're going to reject you before it happens and blaming them for it.
    That's not going to help you find a woman to enjoy a healthy relationship with.

Try to see women as equals and interact with them accordingly.

If you haven't had any bad previous experiences forgive my assumption, but I really hope no man could develop such an attitude based entirely on their own reasoning and without any negative influence.

Yes, they do, men do. Why else would there be two genders rather than one? I'm sure this misandric matrix teaches you it's so you can all self-indulge in sex, but that's wrong. It's so there can be one woman for every man to have as a life partner and to raise a family with. If you were to stop taking your views from perverse sources such as the media, but rather from the holy scriptures, you'd know this already.

Sudsy86 wrote: »
    !!!!!Troll Alert!!!!!

!!!!!Tripe Alert!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Women want a man with a bad heart and a big bank balance.

Tripedy tripedy tripe tripe, once again. I'm not interested in casual sex (which plays a big part in causing misandry) I'm just looking for a woman to share the rest of my life with.

I like lesbians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKGK2fplV_w

I wish!

I've encountered this user in many incarnations before (I'm pretty sure his last profile wasn't banned, so I don't know why he's re-regged).

He seems to genuinely have some serious issues with women.

OK... Anyone who disagrees with you is not only whatever narrow label you wish to give them, but also the same person under a different alias. Please keep living in your delusional world.

k I'm up to speed now thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Large shafts and full wallets

Yes, they do, men do. Why else would there be two genders rather than one? I'm sure this misandric matrix teaches you it's so you can all self-indulge in sex, but that's wrong. It's so there can be one woman for every man to have as a life partner and to raise a family with. If you were to stop taking your views from perverse sources such as the media, but rather from the holy scriptures, you'd know this already.

Why would some people be attracted to members of their own gender then, and why are there more women in the world than men?

I form my own opinions based on my life experience by the way.

I've given you some broad tips about interacting with women. What do you think about them? Do you think they might be helpful? Do you think you already treat women in such a manner?
    OK... Anyone who disagrees with you is not only whatever narrow label you wish to give them, but also the same person under a different alias. Please keep living in your delusional world.

I know you're the same person as you always post the exact same things and never take on board what people say to you.

why are there more women in the world than men?
    some men have spares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

some men have spares?

But their dress never looks big with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Aquila wrote: »
    Well according to my extensive research on the internetz a big facial:pac:

I think groupon.ie or citydeal do them every so often. Cheap too.

o no wait, they're the ones who become nuns. God needs some lovin too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Why not just treat him like a troll then :confused:

Women want a confident down to earth man,who is ambitious,has interests,is interested in her,loves spending time with her.there's lots more but can't think.

Honestly, what I'm reading is scary. If you really believe that men are entitled to women then you are going to end up very disappointed with life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Jayz, I'm real sorry about that. It wasn't your personality that kept me interested. Send me a pic of your willy next time.

Why not just treat him like a troll then :confused:

I keep thinking if he's confronted with enough common sense he might realise how absurd and unrealistic his position is, or at least stop posting.

Bizarrely, I also genuinely want to help. I sense a lot of anger from him and want to help improve his lot and reduce his anger.
    He says he wants to find a long-lasting relationship and I want to help him with that, if only to make him less angry.

Unfortunately, I don't think he's really looking for a relationship though, given how he ignores any advice he gets.
    I think he just really hates western women and wants us all to agree with him and reassure him that his opinion is the right one.

I keep thinking if he's confronted with enough common sense he might realise how absurd and unrealistic his position is, or at least stop posting.

Bizarrely, I also genuinely want to help. I sense a lot of anger from him and want to help improve his lot and reduce his anger.
    He says he wants to find a long-lasting relationship and I want to help him with that, if only to make him less angry.

Unfortunately, I don't think he's really looking for a relationship though, given how he ignores any advice he gets.
    I think he just really hates western women and wants us all to agree with him and reassure him that his opinion is the right one.
    I do get the impression that he's not "western".

I do get the impression that he's not "western".

He has often written about how women in the middle east are properly submissive and demure, unlike brazen western women! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Raekwon wrote: »
    Not one poster has posted "bitches be crazy" yet. I'm very disappointed with AH today!

Oh I think tripe man has picked up the slack admirably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 stacey25

we change our minds quickly:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Tripeman, you need to have a think about what 'Argument' means.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

That's what I think about every argument I have on the internet! But i've learnt that most people aren't open to changing their views

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

no it isnt

That's what I think about every argument I have on the internet! But i've learnt that most people aren't open to changing their views

I keep telling myself that, but I seem to be drawn to the craziest posters and suckered into "arguing" with them.

Maybe I'm worried that if someone doesn't show them up some impressionable reader will take what they say for the truth.
    BBDBB wrote: »
    no it isnt

Sure it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

Steady on there don juan... Be positive.

Half of the population of the country are ladies right, slightly more than half in fact, but allowing for lesbiens and nuns there's still one for everyone!

Just be patient and nice, approach/interact with women as people like you, not as a different species who have a masterplan to devalue mens role in society and you'll be surprised what can happen.

Oh and to answer the OP question: everyone knows the laaadies just want big willies :D the rest is just dressing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nah in-betweener wiener ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Years of life experience have taught me that women are remarkably similar to men:eek:

Amazing when you think about it . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Where To wrote: »
    Years of life experience have taught me that women are remarkably similar to men:eek:
    Not sure I agree, but yes, considering the individual rather than being blinded by whatever group they're part of does seem to elude some peeps.

Dudess wrote: »
    Nah in-betweener wiener ftw.

Dudess! This thread is about reinforcing gender sterotypes not the personal opinion of ladies.. less of it please

Where To wrote: »

Amazing when you think about it . . . . .
    yep.. only women are smarter than men.

according to Sam McCauley

I actually have the definitive answer to the original question!

..... seriously...

....wait for it.....

....I'm not messing about here....

...it's....

... wait, we're talking about relationship wise here, not what do they like to do, right...

...ok...

...it's...

To meet someone they like, who they get on well with, find attractive (enough), to suit their individual taste!!!!!!

There it is. I just figured that out now! Go me

Bit of a buzzkill on the thread though.
    Ah well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement