Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bestival 2012

Options
  • 13-04-2012 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Anyone heading to this?. Any idea on the best way to get there? Boat and train? Plane? Just bought a ticket. Looks like a solid line up, pretty much like EP buy with a little bit more, and they have Arcadia too...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

probaly will be heading to this. looks class. will this sell out any one know? whats the best way to get there? i presume you would have to get a boat to england first then head from there by another boat if not flying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Anyone heading to this?. Any idea on the best way to get there? Boat and train? Plane? Just bought a ticket. Looks like a solid line up, pretty much like EP buy with a little bit more, and they have Arcadia too...

You need to get the ferry from either Portsmouth or Southampton or Lymington to Isle of Wight. How you get to Portsmouth/Southampton/Lymington is up to you.

http://2012.bestival.net/info/transportation-and-getting-here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

anyone else thinking of this .

just looking there flights are about 150.

not too bad. lineup looks like a better version of the EP lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

So this is less than a week away now. Really looking forward to it. Heading down to Isle of Wight Wednesday night and staying in a hostel.

All this Electric Picnic coverage is getting me in the mood!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LimitingFactor

Ye, that's a good plan. We're going to Pool on Wed night and getting the ferry over early thurs. It should be an awesome weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭oo7tk

What a weekend it was, we rented a motor home and drove from Fishguard but it was well worth it for the comfort we had.. Just cant wait till next year...

We dressed up as a flock of sheep on the saturday and had so much laugh doing it, so glad we dressed up...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LimitingFactor

Ye it was such a good weekend! Our trip over was quite the journey. Plane to Bournemouth, train to Southampton, ferry to Cowls then taxi to Bestival! The highlight of it all for me was either rollerskating at the rollerdisco on Sat or Major Lazer in the Big top. Also when they started blasting out Sabotage in sync with the fireworks...Absolutely amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Amazing weather set the tone. Got to see fair bit of music including:

Stevie Wonder
    The XX
    Grimes
    Bat for Lashes
    Hot Chip
    Django Django
    Sigur Ros
    Warpaint
    Florence
    New Order

Maybe the highlight was in the Swampshack friday night dancing to Penny Metal, a DJ playing Jewish and Russian tunes. People were going mad for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bokmurphy

Bestival was mighty this year. I was a bit wary about going because I didn't know how I would get to the Isle of Wight from Ireland.

But once I spotted the line up over on festivals.ie http://festivals.ie/show/8/headline/bestival I was preparing to swim there if I had to.

Advertisement