Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf warning lights

Options
  • 13-04-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Just as I was pulling up to park this morning three warning lights came on - first the battery light (for 30 seconds before I stopped), then the ABS light then the airbag light. All happened 5-10 seconds after another before I stopped.
    Car is a 2000 VW Golf 1.4L petrol. Any ideas what is about to die on the car?

Car was running fine at the time but I've not gone to turn her over since.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The first thing is get your battery tested. It could be on it's way out, a weak battery could cause other electrical systems in the car to act up. Other than that you would need to have the fault codes read by a garage with diagnostic equipment.

My money would be on the battery however and getting it tested is the easiest and cheapest place to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

So reminds me of the sig TestTransmission had for a while...

Advertisement