Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lice problem

• 13-04-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Our pup is infested with lice, she's been vet checked, washed, sprayed with frontline and combed as often as possible. I know it might take a few weeks to get rid of it totally but was wondering if anyone had any advice? Would love to hear from someone who has also spent hours upon hours combing out their pups hair in the hope of being lice-free eventually . Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 marijame

Just thought I'd give an update in case anyone else ever has this problem, but after a 10 days of treatment (frontline spray once a week, wash and combing with lice comb twice a day and changing bedding) I'm happy to say that all nits (or eggs) have been finally eliminated, no live lice (not that I saw any in the first place but obviously something must have laid the eggs) and all that remains is what looks like a mild case of dandruff, which is basically dry skin, caused by lice damage. This will improve over the next week or so if I continue to comb her daily. Lice is quite rare these days unless a dog/pup has been kept in unsanitory conditions and not treated for parasites, which is what happened to our pup. For anyone who might be wondering, we knew she had lice when we found her (Farmer wanted to be rid of her) but we took her anyway, it's not my favourite thing to be dealing with but I'd take it over mange, mites and fleas anyday. And yes, he probably will go and let his dog have pups again and not care what happens to them and yes I probably contributed to that by agreeing to take her home, i'm well aware of the irresponsible breeder problem we have in this country. Despite all my misgivings and the voice in my head screaming, "no, this is not helping the bigger problem here" I wasn't going to leave her there to die. She is happy and healthy now and part of our family.

Advertisement