Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2004 vw passat low oil pressure warning light

• 13-04-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

My fathers car had this warning light coming on the other day. He stopped at garage who said oil pump was not noisy and chain not making a noise. He has sent it to garage to be checked out. I thought it might be oil sludge blocking a pipe somewhere. Is this a common oocurence and can you prevent this? He noticed oil to be thick in oil dipstick tube previously. He is using the correct oil grade.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

physioman wrote: »
    My fathers car had this warning light coming on the other day. He stopped at garage who said oil pump was not noisy and chain not making a noise. He has sent it to garage to be checked out. I thought it might be oil sludge blocking a pipe somewhere. Is this a common oocurence and can you prevent this? He noticed oil to be thick in oil dipstick tube previously. He is using the correct oil grade.

Is it a yellow or red light, Petrol or diesel?

None of the common engines Irish Passats have use a chain anyway. A faulty oil pressure switch is common as is a faulty oil level switch. The colour of the light will indicate which is likely, although if the light is red, it could well also be an actual oil pressure issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

one my friend had similar, checked ecerything, at the end turned out, oil pump went loose, and oil run out back to oil sump, causing low pressure. when bolts was tighten, that warning sign gone. its hard to say why it happen, car has to go to garage, and properly checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Is it a 1.8 petrol turbo? They can clog at the oil pick up and cause oil pressure issues. The red oil light would come on for that.

Advertisement